Searched the forum ahead of time and didn't see anything on this (surprisingly).

So, I'm texting with one of my contacts last night, holding the phone in front of me, and my phone starts dialing the person I'm texting with. This happened randomly with the same contact 3 or 4 times over the course of several hours. The phone just randomly starts dialing the person. So far, this has only happened once. I've had the phone for several weeks now.

I asked a more knowledgeable Android friend of mine and it was suggested that maybe it was a glitch with Smart Call? But I don't see any feature on my S8 called Smart Call ... ?

I do have Wi-Fi calling enabled ... not sure if that would have anything to do with it?

Or is this just simply one of the notorious Samsung bugs rearing it's head?
    09-08-2017 04:36 PM
    I don't know but that happened with my S8 plus 7 age the 6 and all of my notes so far not the note 8
    09-08-2017 04:48 PM
    There is one feature that does call the contact whose information is on the screen when you lift your phone to your ear. It is located in "Advanced Features", "Direct Call" (translated from French, so the wording may not be exact)

So check if it is enabled and disable it, it may resolve the issue (I had this tricked me several times)
    09-08-2017 05:17 PM
    There is one feature that does call the contact whose information is on the screen when you lift your phone to your ear. It is located in "Advanced Features", "Direct Call" (translated from French, so the wording may not be exact)

So check if it is enabled and disable it, it may resolve the issue (I had this tricked me several times)
    That's happened to me on my 8+ and 7edge, also note 5 and note 4 in past. But I don't out it to my ear it calls after a text usually if I put in pocket or in hand
    09-08-2017 05:44 PM

Found it in my Settings and turned it off. Thanks! We'll see if this helps.
    09-08-2017 05:50 PM
    That's happened to me on my 8+ and 7edge, also note 5 and note 4 in past. But I don't out it to my ear it calls after a text usually if I put in pocket or in hand
    Exactly - that's what's weird - I never brought the phone up to my ear (or anywhere near my ear) where the Direct Call feature would kick in. So maybe I was holding the phone or moving it in a way where Direct Call was confused and thought I was raising the phone to my ear .... ? Just sounds like maybe a glitch or over-sensitivity with Direct Call.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-08-2017 05:52 PM