after getting out of sea my
    swimming trunks were wet and when i was about going home i put my phone in the pocket of swimming trunks and closed the chain i let it for 1 minute and when i took it back i saw that it was with a bit water im using a g-case but i was worried beacuase i saw the headphone jack charging base were wet and when i was using snapchat something happend and the phone freezed and restarted so is there any problem?
    09-10-2017 11:37 AM
    Almost certainly. The phone is not meant to be in the sea, ever, under any circumstances. It is tested to be able to withstand still, room temperature tap water while the device is powered off and to be completely dried off prior to using the device. Any chemicals (such as saltwater) and/or current, motion, etc. would introduce circumstances not intended to be warrantied.
    09-10-2017 12:01 PM
    Almost certainly. The phone is not meant to be in the sea, ever, under any circumstances. It is tested to be able to withstand still, room temperature tap water while the device is powered off and to be completely dried off prior to using the device. Any chemicals (such as saltwater) and/or current, motion, etc. would introduce circumstances not intended to be warrantied.
    Device has no problem getting wet while powered on, but salt water and chemicals can no doubt cause an issue.
    09-10-2017 02:45 PM
    Device has no problem getting wet while powered on, but salt water and chemicals can no doubt cause an issue.
    Ok I'm not saying that having it on causes damage, because I don't know if it does or not. I'm describing the test conditions. When they do the test they either power it off or leave it on but in sleep mode, then submerge it and they don't attempt to use it until it has been brought out and dried off.

Any time a person says that they were swimming with it though, that means that they and the water were both in motion - and that's something that is not covered in any way by the testing for water resistance IPX8.
    09-10-2017 06:12 PM
    This is on website regarding saltwater:

"Do not expose the device to salt water or ionized water. If your device is exposed to salt water, wash the device with fresh water, and then dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Otherwise, when it dries, salt may accumulate and block the primary microphone, earpiece, and external speaker."
    09-10-2017 06:42 PM