T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Unlock my T-mo S8 or not?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought by s8 from Samsung for T-mo (paid for the phone up front in full) so it has the T-mo apps pre-loaded on it. I was clicking around in the general T-mo account app the other day and saw an option to request an unlock code for the phone.

My question is whether or not I should unlock it. Will it make getting updates slower or faster, or have any other benefit or drawback? Or will it make no difference whatsoever? Just curious if someone else has done this and can comment, thanks.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought by s8 from Samsung for T-mo (paid for the phone up front in full) so it has the T-mo apps pre-loaded on it. I was clicking around in the general T-mo account app the other day and saw an option to request an unlock code for the phone.

My question is whether or not I should unlock it. Will it make getting updates slower or faster, or have any other benefit or drawback? Or will it make no difference whatsoever? Just curious if someone else has done this and can comment, thanks.
I think you'd still get the updates. If I didn't owe I would definitely unlock it. Makes for a quicker sale when or if you plan to sell it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It will do nothing different to the phone except allow non- T-Mobile SIM cards to work in it.

cass_m

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I would unlock if it's no charge. I bought mine from Samsung and it came with an unlock code which I promptly applied.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I would unlock if it's no charge. I bought mine from Samsung and it came with an unlock code which I promptly applied.
Tmobile doesn't charge to unlock. I've unlocked several of my past phones. If daughter goes back to her iPhone when the replacement comes in, I may unlock the 7edge and sell it. Son is using my s8+ so we've got an extra phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11