I'm having a problem with my phone and what it does with lock screen notifications. It started out as an oddity that I could overlook but it's since become such a hassle that I'm about ready to scrap it and go with something else. Here's what's going on.

Whenever I unlock my screen (swipe to unlock) and there's an active notification, whatever application that notification is from will open up. Primarily this is the Blackberry Work app (we're transitioning from the Good for Enterprise app) but that's just because I receive a lot more work e-mail than anything else. This has also happened with the messages app when I have a text message notification waiting for me.

I have the Smart Lock functionality enabled with the trusted location (my home) and trusted devices (my Gear S2 Classic and a bluetooth speaker I have at home). When I have my watch on, which is almost all the time, all I have to do is to swipe the screen to unlock. When my watch is off and I'm not at the house, I'll actually get prompted to unlock the screen using the iris scan or passcode. Since that doesn't happen very often I can't say with 100% certainty that the strange notification issue happens then but I'm fairly certain it does at least most of the time.

The biggest issue is the Blackberry Work app. It's set to unlock with my fingerprint so when it opens up my phone is pretty much stuck on that screen unless I unlock the Blackberry app or close it out.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm quite literally pulling out what little hair I have left. Thanks!
    09-11-2017 03:34 PM