What is Similar to AirPods!

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the samsung s8. i have the AirPods which i loved with my iPhone my question is there anything close to them.

thank you

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Similar to them in what manner?

Samsung has a set of headphones that are a similar form factor.

There's also a new product coming to market (with the backing of Anker) called the Zolo Liberty+. Right now they are not taking any more orders for those until the Kickstarter backers get their orders (next month). Phil Nickinson (Modern Dad, former AC editor and current contributor) has a set on order, I do also.

That covers the form factor (2 in-ear buds that connect wirelessly and have a charging case). As for sound quality? I haven't tried any of the 3 products mentioned, can't speak to that.

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
For one thing the connection between the AirPods and the phone is not great it cuts out or stops completely. its not the AirPods because they are fine with my iPhone. But i wanted something in ear no cord that has same features as AirPods. Thank you for your input it was very helpful.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Jabra Elite Sport wireless for the past few months and they are perfect for me. My right ear was NEVER able to hold an in-ear bud, until these. They feel sturdy, never feel like they're going to fall out, I have never dropped a connection (S8+) and sound great. They don't have the tap/touch/swipe functionality of airpods or the Samsung Icon X, instead they have physical buttons to perform the same tasks. They last as long as I need them (my workouts and flights rarely go over two hours and haven't needed a recharge during those times) and the charging case is great.

They also have an associated health app and the buds have a heart rate sensor in them, but I use my Gear S3 Frontier, which also pairs with the buds so with Spotify on the Gear S3 I can go on a run with just the watch and the buds and don't need a phone. Later I can sync the data with S Health, but the Jabra health app has similar functionality.

Biker Dude

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The best autonomous (stand alone) buds are from Bragi. I have the Dash but there is the cheaper 'Headphone' and now the Bragi Dash Pro. My Dash sounds great and have a ton of features (next month they will also incorporate Alexa) including a 4 gig harddrive built in so you don't need your phone. They aren't the least expensive but I think they are the best available.

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the samsung s8. i have the AirPods which i loved with my iPhone my question is there anything close to them.

thank you

Yes, wireless headphones.

I own the Airpods and they hold a charge longer than any other wireless headphones that I have.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The best autonomous (stand alone) buds are from Bragi. I have the Dash but there is the cheaper 'Headphone' and now the Bragi Dash Pro. My Dash sounds great and have a ton of features (next month they will also incorporate Alexa) including a 4 gig harddrive built in so you don't need your phone. They aren't the least expensive but I think they are the best available.
I have the Dash and in my opinion, they kinda suck. They often have Bluetooth connection issues, especially when outside. I hear the Pro are much better, but I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money when the first headphones gave me problems. I even had them replaced because I thought that might be the problem. Apparently it's common though, as a lot of people complain about them. My phone works great with all my other Bluetooth headphones so I know it's got to be the Dash. Just my 2 cents.

I've been using my Jaybird X3s, and they work really well.

tekki

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Samsung currently has the icon x ear buds, however they announced the upgraded version called icon x 2018 which are suppose to released in the fall, the new icon x 2018 has 4gb of storage in each ear piece t0 store music, has health sensors and is suppose to have Bixby built into them. the new ones have better battery a d faster charging, you can read up on them in ifa2017 release notes, I myself am waiting for them too

Biker Dude

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Dash and in my opinion, they kinda suck. They often have Bluetooth connection issues, especially when outside. I hear the Pro are much better, but I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money when the first headphones gave me problems. I even had them replaced because I thought that might be the problem. Apparently it's common though, as a lot of people complain about them. My phone works great with all my other Bluetooth headphones so I know it's got to be the Dash. Just my 2 cents.

I've been using my Jaybird X3s, and they work really well.

Mine started with the same bluetooth issue but I've been updating the software and now there are far less issues. However, to be honest, I use the standalone 4 gig hard drive much more than the bluetooth so I don't have so many issues.

Jaybird also makes a great 'wired' headphone and just today came out with wireless buds, but almost none of these have the built in 4 gig hard drive. I like to workout and run without needing my phone, which makes the hard drive important.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

He gives the #1 spot to the sony mdr1000x, but in fact if you are looking for a more warmer and livelier headphone I suggest the mdr100abn.

If you have to have %100 wireless earbuds for convenience (ie not obvious while you are working) then just pick what you can, they all suffer from the same bluetooth blackouts and midrange sound. Otherwise either wait it out, or get one of the other bluetooth styles that have good headphones in the mix.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered the Dash off Groupon for $99. I am excited to try them.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine started with the same bluetooth issue but I've been updating the software and now there are far less issues. However, to be honest, I use the standalone 4 gig hard drive much more than the bluetooth so I don't have so many issues.

Jaybird also makes a great 'wired' headphone and just today came out with wireless buds, but almost none of these have the built in 4 gig hard drive. I like to workout and run without needing my phone, which makes the hard drive important.
Yeah I've updated it and it's definitely improved, but it still sucks. I will say, with the 4gb hard drive they're basically flawless. I don't like to use my phone during bike rides but I have a gear S3 with LTE and I can stream Spotify directly to my headphones. Can't use the dash with them outside because of the quality. I guess I should use the hard drive more often.