Ok as some may know I was not liking the s8 plus as i switched from the iPhone but now after 2 months I'm getting use to it and starting to like it. Maybe this is normal adaptation. But im.starting to question my expensive phone purchases. I lirerrally only use my phone to make calls, check email, go on internet and sometimes take photos. Does someone using a phone for those things need such a phone?
    I think not. Is there anyone else out there that uses their phone for only those things and can justify the purchase price? Am I missing some everyday cools features that could be useful? Thanks
    09-13-2017 05:46 PM
    I think its the same as asking, if the Geo Metro will get you there, why do people buy a Mercedes? That being said, there are differences in internet capability and cameras and you would expect that quality to follow the price.
    09-13-2017 05:54 PM
    Need? Nope. All those things can be done with a lesser priced phone. Some get flagship just for showing off, but rarely used half of the things the phone can do.

I don't pay the full price up front. I always finance mine so I pay a monthly payment and I can "upgrade" once I pay down 50% of the cost.
    09-13-2017 05:55 PM
    Camara tends to be better on a flagship, but otherwise everything you mention can be done on much cheaper phones with little difference in experience. Mid range phones usually have better battery life too.
    gendo667 likes this.
    09-13-2017 07:03 PM
    Definitely the cheaper phones can "get r done " but the quality, speed, reliability, smoothness vary quite a bit. I enjoy a very good quality phone, one I know will last and produce quality performance day in and day out.
    09-13-2017 08:13 PM
    Definitely the cheaper phones can "get r done " but the quality, speed, reliability, smoothness vary quite a bit. I enjoy a very good quality phone, one I know will last and produce quality performance day in and day out.
    My feeling exactly. Well put.
    badcat likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:27 PM
    My phone is with me the moment I open my eyes to the I close them. If there is one thing that I want the best of the best, it's my phone. That's why I have a Note 8 at the moment.
    09-13-2017 08:52 PM
    Besides the Google Nexus 5, all my formers Android phones HTC, Samsung, LG were priced high Flagships at their chronological moment. Bought my Google Pixel XL on October 4, 2016, so at that moment it was an expensive Google phone and bought my Samsung Galaxy S8+ as soon as it's gets out. Next month Google Pixel XL2 is a go, and next year Samsung Galaxy S9+ is a go also. At 61 years old, still working and paying taxes, I'll pay for the phones that gives the best and fast deliver.
    09-14-2017 06:51 AM
    Meh. Get a cheaper phone if it will do the things you want it to do. No need to make drama about it.
    09-14-2017 07:47 AM
    I would have been buying cheaper phone as well but unfortunately "cheap" smartphones have average camera, bad build quality and etc etc.
    If a compAny releases a phone like the idol 4s, with good build quality, good camera, amoled 18:9 display and at least SP660 and decent battery life - count me in.

The problem is that companies know that if they will release such phone then most people will buy it and pass the flagship,

Also, the price difference will be very small so a phone like that will be unrealistic 😐
    09-14-2017 03:51 PM
    I buy more expensive for the larger, high quality screens and cameras.

But make no mistake, it's a luxury, not a need.
    09-14-2017 08:10 PM
    My phone is with me the moment I open my eyes to the I close them. If there is one thing that I want the best of the best, it's my phone. That's why I have a Note 8 at the moment.
    Agreed. Note 8 is the Beast
    09-14-2017 08:12 PM
    I experienced my first flagship through my work back in 2013 with the Note 3 when it was new. Loved that phone and have been a Note fan since. Several phones since the but the notes for me are the best. Work now only supports iPhone's so I'm paying for the Samsung experience but every Penney is worth it
    badcat and mary beth hale like this.
    09-14-2017 08:14 PM
    My S8 is the first real flagship I've owned. I've always gone with a mid-range device. I do the same sort of things as the OP, texting, email and picture taking. So I am not a power user by any stretch. Truthfully my Moto G5 + is pretty fast and has a lot of storage but the camera and display of the S8 are much, much better. I got my S8 from Samsung with a trade in so I didn't come close to paying full price. Bottom line is the S8 is worth the cost to me but I don't really need it. It should be about what works for the individual user. If you are happy, that should be good enough.
    amyf27 and mary beth hale like this.
    09-14-2017 08:30 PM
    Meh. Get a cheaper phone if it will do the things you want it to do. No need to make drama about it.
    It's not about drama. I work hard and live a pretty simple life that does not involve spending much money. I use my phone on a daily basis to help me be more productive, remind me what I have to get done and when/where I need to do it, communicate with people for personal and business reasons, manage my schedule, keep abreast of the news and sometimes just play a game or watch a video. I want to enjoy using that device that I depend on so much. Just my thing, but a high-end phone that is fast with a fantastic screen is simply more enjoyable to use.
    I've always purchased flag-ship devices, albeit 3-6 months after they are released. I try to find good deals. Got my S8 for $454 from a Samsung deal.
    Point is that people all have different priorities. No drama involved.
    badcat likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:02 PM
    If it's cost that bothers you then the best plan of attack would be to wait till the next big thing is up for sale then buy one model down from it. You'll still get a great phone at a great price. That's my MO till my LG G4 screwed me up with their boot loop debacle. I went premium but will wait on the Note 9 now so I can get some of my ROI back.
    09-18-2017 08:51 AM