Verizon Galaxy S8: Swiping Down Anywhere on the Screen for Notifications on Toucwiz?

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I read an article saying that with a touchwiz update that you can swipe down from anywhere on the screen and you can pull down your notifications. I have been able to enable this using Nova and it's great, but with the Verizon S8 using Touchwiz there does not seem to be an option to do this?

Am I missing something? Touchwiz used to be laughably bad, but the latest version is pretty good and I wouldn't mind switching back from Nova at this point.

Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Read that also, but I believe it would only work if you had the app drawer set to home. Otherwise a swipe goes to the app drawer. Personally, I don't really see the need.

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not seeing anything in the settings menus to enable this. I just checked the Galaxy App Store, and I have the latest version of Touchwiz so am I missing something. The only thing I've found is the ability to do this with the fingerprint sensor.

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked gs8+ and don't have that option as well

Well that's strange, I guess Samsung only sent the touchwiz update out to certain galaxy S8s then. That sucks since I'm using Nova but would switch back if they just enabled that one feature. It's incredibly useful.