10-06-2017 07:15 PM
61 123
tools
    Does it work with any cases?
    Yes. At least all the ones I have. I tend to use more minimal cases but I have one that's more typical and it's fine.
    09-22-2017 12:50 AM
    I'm going to give the one that @PaulQ recommended a try. I have a Invisashield on mine, but I've noticed dust accumulating underneath the screen protector. How it got there I have no clue.
    09-22-2017 03:58 PM
    Does it work with any cases?
    I've used my Otao with an Otterbox Commuter, Caseology Parallax, incipio dualpro and a Bodyglove. Since there is a tiny bit around the screen perimeter uncovered by the protector, they all work fine. No lifting or clicking noises and good sensitivity.
    09-22-2017 08:47 PM
    I'm going to give the one that @PaulQ recommended a try. I have a Invisashield on mine, but I've noticed dust accumulating underneath the screen protector. How it got there I have no clue.
    At one point, I noticed some dust collected at the top where the notch is for the camera and speaker but I was able to just wipe it away.

Make sure you follow their instructions - especially pressing down in the middle before you press the sides. That seems to be an important step.

Mine is still going strong!
    gernerttl likes this.
    09-23-2017 01:56 AM
    How long have you'll been using yours?
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-24-2017 09:44 AM
    So I tried the new Otao based on this thread, got it yesterday and installed it very easily and clean. So far, so good after 24 hours. Makes the screen a bit shinier maybe? Otherwise it looks good and feels good. I have the S8+. I just ordered one for my wife's S8. We had film protectors on them before, but this glass looks SO much better.

If I have any issues, I'll come and update.

The only negative is it does make the screen a bit more glossy and reflective. Otherwise, 48 hours in and its looking and feeling good.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    09-24-2017 01:18 PM
    My only question is what happens when the screen is off, and your under light - is your screen looks gray rather then black?

I used to have one of those cheap glass protectors, and although the screen quality was the same, there was some "shining" and the deep black looked like VERY light gray.

Looking for answers 😀
    09-24-2017 01:27 PM
    Just my luck, there out don't know if or when will get more.
    09-24-2017 02:53 PM
    Darn! Hope they come back into stock soon again. Probably my fault for ordering 1 yesterday lol.
    nonie likes this.
    09-24-2017 03:50 PM
    How long have you'll been using yours?
    My Otao has been for about a month.
    nonie likes this.
    09-24-2017 08:55 PM
    Damn. Was just going to order one for my daughter's S8 Plus. Sounds like they may not restock at all. Glad I got an extra for my S8 though.
    09-24-2017 08:57 PM
    So glad - and a little amazed, because tempered glass screen protectors that don't give halos, rainbows, or what have you are few and far between! - that you found a screen protector that works for you! Thanks for sharing the link too!
    nonie likes this.
    09-24-2017 09:36 PM
    The BodyGuardz ES line for S8/S8+ removes the dot matrix and adheres better on the curve so it will not pop off.

Pure Arc ES for Samsung Galaxy uses a proprietary adhesive technology for full-screen coverage. The glass is extra secure and will not pop off with every day use. Full-screen adhesive also preserves precise touch sensitivity, plus the micro-dot matrix has been removed. Pure Arc ES is the industry's first curved, tempered glass to use adhesive on the entire screen. We are proud to offer the most advanced protection for curved screen devices.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=v1-2xYdW
    09-24-2017 11:50 PM
    The BodyGuardz ES line for S8/S8+ removes the dot matrix and adheres better on the curve so it will not pop off.
    $45.

Ouch. I think I'll stick with the $12 one since I'm not experiencing any problems. I'm sure that one is nice though... it better be at that price!
    09-24-2017 11:55 PM
    $45.

Ouch. I think I'll stick with the $12 one since I'm not experiencing any problems. I'm sure that one is nice though... it better be at that price!
    The price difference is also quality and free lifetime replacements I find the cheap ones on Amazon don't offer lifetime replacements usually.
    09-24-2017 11:56 PM
    The price difference is also quality and free lifetime replacements I find the cheap ones on Amazon don't offer lifetime replacements usually.
    Good point. The Otao protector offers 18 months replacement. I'm satsifed with that. BodyGuardz charges $5.95 shipping for a new one and you have to send back your old one so that's probably another couple of bucks.

I'm really not having any problem with quality or touch sensitivity. It works great.

FYI all.... I emailed Otao 10 mintues ago using the email address they had replied to me on when I needed the replacement. Already got a response. They said they will be back in stock in 2 days.
    nonie likes this.
    09-25-2017 12:06 AM
    Good point. The Otao protector offers 18 months replacement. I'm satsifed with that. BodyGuardz charges $5.95 shipping for a new one and you have to send back your old one so that's probably another couple of bucks.

I'm really not having any problem with quality or touch sensitivity. It works great.

FYI all.... I emailed Otao 10 mintues ago using the email address they had replied to me on when I needed the replacement. Already got a response. They said they will be back in stock in 2 days.
    You have to pay shipping to you on Zagg or any of the lifetime ones. It's usually $5.95. The return shipping is usually just a $0.49 cent stamp. They provide the envelope. You just toss in the old protector and the slip and off you go.
    09-25-2017 12:14 AM
    I just put the otao one on after my whitedome one cracked and I must say it's not that good. Oleophobic coating is definitely not as good and there is much more glare. Maybe it's just my install but there is some clicking from time to time. The only up side to it is the price and I seems to be a little bit smaller so it's compatible with more cases.
    09-25-2017 01:44 AM

Good news about the restock coming. Thanks for the heads up.
    09-25-2017 07:15 AM
    I just got my Otao and put it on, does anyone know if the protector is water resistant? Thanks
    09-25-2017 04:27 PM
    I just got my Otao and put it on, does anyone know if the protector is water resistant? Thanks
    I've used my s8/Otao combo in the rain without issue, but wouldn't count on it surviving being submerged and coming out unscathed. The adhesive is only on the edges so I would assume liquid could theoretically seep under the protector if there was even a tiny area that didn't adhere.
    Joshua_Muldoon likes this.
    09-25-2017 07:56 PM
    The S8 Plus version is now available for order again on Amazon. Ordered one for my daughter and it says will be in stock 9/29
    09-25-2017 08:01 PM
    I've used my s8/Otao combo in the rain without issue, but wouldn't count on it surviving being submerged and coming out unscathed. The adhesive is only on the edges so I would assume liquid could theoretically seep under the protector if there was even a tiny area that didn't adhere.
    Ok, thanks
    09-26-2017 05:36 AM
    Mine cracked on one side without any reason. I don't recommend it.
    09-26-2017 02:23 PM
    I got my Otao in last night. It went on with no problems and it feels and looks great. I have no issues with my Otterbox Symmetry case.

Glass protector that's working! Finally!-20170927_073855.jpg
    Glass protector that's working! Finally!-20170927_073844.jpg
    09-27-2017 04:39 PM
61 123