Glass protector that's working! Finally!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a tempered glass protector that works! I won't repeat the whole story because I posted it in an Amazon review. I am a thorough reviewer, especially of products that work well. Here's my review.

Honestly, I don't know what they did to fix it. It's been several days and no rainbow.

OTAO - Galaxy S8 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Update Version], Easy Installation OTAO [Case-friendly] Samsung S8 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector with Installation Tray For Galaxy S8 Plus

I think they are still selling the one that didn't work for me. The new one is $11.99 as of this post. Get that one.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to a store with a demo S8 and compare to your phone with the screen protector on. The air gap reduces the visual quality of the AMOLED display.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Go to a store with a demo S8 and compare to your phone with the screen protector on. The air gap reduces the visual quality of the AMOLED display.

I just grabbed my S8+ to see. I'll post this info just as an alternate opinion for people that read this.

The protector is resting on the screen. In order to have an air gap, it would have to be held suspended by the glued edges. This protector is thin glass. I don't think it could withstand continuous flex at the edges everytime you press your finger on various points on the screen. During the install, you also press the center of the screen before pressing the edges down.

I guess I am more than satisfied with this display with this protector on. I still think the screen is beautiful, vibrant, bright, and sharp. If there is any degradation, it must be minor (with his new new version - the old version did have a problem).

When I used a film protector, there was definitely some degradation of the S8+ screen. I have been using glass for all of my phones for several years and was frustrated by the lack of one that works.

There is at least one person here that does see a difference so I guess people should consider that.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to go bareback.

Have always used TGSPs. They give me peace of mind. To each his own. For me, the reasonable price and good results is worth every penny for the Otao. Over a month now with 2 drops and no regrets. No sensitivity issues no clicking noises and no screen degradation for me. I have an area of about 1 centimeter rainbow that I can't see at all when screen is on. So inexpensive , too. I gave up on my s7 edge but this one trumps anything I tried for my S8.