Glass protector that's working! Finally!

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
98f0eb7fa6bf923d1a5e01e0362f1d95.jpg
85209124c3c2e9e4d6a8ce2a61dd21ba.jpg
e002bcfe9436411c1401a74cc0d04ba2.jpg
a31000450e909a9a214817189ca770d2.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I finally got a tempered glass protector that works! I won't repeat the whole story because I posted it in an Amazon review. I am a thorough reviewer, especially of products that work well. Here's my review.

Honestly, I don't know what they did to fix it. It's been several days and no rainbow.

OTAO - Galaxy S8 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Update Version], Easy Installation OTAO [Case-friendly] Samsung S8 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector with Installation Tray For Galaxy S8 Plus

I think they are still selling the one that didn't work for me. The new one is $11.99 as of this post. Get that one.

My older Otao is still good but I figured I needed a spare so I ordered the newer one with the link you provided. Thanks for the info. Nice review in Amazon BTW.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I happened to be at Best Buy this evening and I couldn't help but go over to the Galaxy S8 display... well... displays. I looked at their phone and my phone with the protector on. Frankly, it's hard to do a comparison because all their phones are running the demos. I turned up my brightness like those demos do and I just can't see a difference.

I even went over to the unlocked ones just to make sure it wasn't some carrier trick. ;)

(that was a joke)

(a bad one)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to give the one that @PaulQ recommended a try. I have a Invisashield on mine, but I've noticed dust accumulating underneath the screen protector. How it got there I have no clue.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Does it work with any cases?

I've used my Otao with an Otterbox Commuter, Caseology Parallax, incipio dualpro and a Bodyglove. Since there is a tiny bit around the screen perimeter uncovered by the protector, they all work fine. No lifting or clicking noises and good sensitivity.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give the one that @PaulQ recommended a try. I have a Invisashield on mine, but I've noticed dust accumulating underneath the screen protector. How it got there I have no clue.

At one point, I noticed some dust collected at the top where the notch is for the camera and speaker but I was able to just wipe it away.

Make sure you follow their instructions - especially pressing down in the middle before you press the sides. That seems to be an important step.

Mine is still going strong!

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I tried the new Otao based on this thread, got it yesterday and installed it very easily and clean. So far, so good after 24 hours. Makes the screen a bit shinier maybe? Otherwise it looks good and feels good. I have the S8+. I just ordered one for my wife's S8. We had film protectors on them before, but this glass looks SO much better.

If I have any issues, I'll come and update.

The only negative is it does make the screen a bit more glossy and reflective. Otherwise, 48 hours in and its looking and feeling good.

Last edited:

Yuvalhad12

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
My only question is what happens when the screen is off, and your under light - is your screen looks gray rather then black?

I used to have one of those cheap glass protectors, and although the screen quality was the same, there was some "shining" and the deep black looked like VERY light gray.

Looking for answers 😀

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad - and a little amazed, because tempered glass screen protectors that don't give halos, rainbows, or what have you are few and far between! - that you found a screen protector that works for you! Thanks for sharing the link too!

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The BodyGuardz ES line for S8/S8+ removes the dot matrix and adheres better on the curve so it will not pop off.

Pure Arc ES for Samsung Galaxy uses a proprietary adhesive technology for full-screen coverage. The glass is extra secure and will not pop off with every day use. Full-screen adhesive also preserves precise touch sensitivity, plus the micro-dot matrix has been removed. Pure Arc ES is the industry's first curved, tempered glass to use adhesive on the entire screen. We are proud to offer the most advanced protection for curved screen devices.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...protectors-tempered-glass.html&token=v1-2xYdW

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The BodyGuardz ES line for S8/S8+ removes the dot matrix and adheres better on the curve so it will not pop off.

$45.

Ouch. I think I'll stick with the $12 one since I'm not experiencing any problems. I'm sure that one is nice though... it better be at that price!

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
$45.

Ouch. I think I'll stick with the $12 one since I'm not experiencing any problems. I'm sure that one is nice though... it better be at that price!

The price difference is also quality and free lifetime replacements :) I find the cheap ones on Amazon don't offer lifetime replacements usually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech