I was one of the people who ordered a Samsung Galaxy S8 using their any smart phone trade-in program. Trade-in value would be $200.

After learning that Samsung was rejecting phones that were in perfect condition I decided to cancel everything, not wanting to take the risk that they will not accept my perfectly fine iPhone 4.

I rejected shipment of my S8 and it was returned to Samsung. I was refunded the purchase price.

Now I have received an email from Samsung stating they are charging me $200 for not receiving the trade-in phone.

I called Samsung e-commerce first thing this morning and got a busy signal. So I called regular Samsung and was told hold times are so severe they are not taking any more calls and must wait until at least tomorrow to speak with someone.

I do not know about you, but I am thermo nuclear radioactive ticked here. How much do you want to bet that they are being flooded with calls from people receiving the exact same email?

UPDATE: They charged me. $600 in all. I had ordered three phones. Canceled all three. Had refunds on all three. And yet they just charged for all three.
    racedog likes this.
    09-21-2017 09:17 AM
    Do they have your credit card number? If not, then how are they charging you? If they have your CC number, then decline the charge. You got a robo email from an automated system. I really wouldn't worry about it much.
    09-21-2017 09:24 AM
    Do they have your credit card number? If not, then how are they charging you? If they have your CC number, then decline the charge. You got a robo email from an automated system. I really wouldn't worry about it much.
    It is going to Samsung credit or whatever it is called. You cannot simply reject a charge. That will end up on your credit if it is not fixed.
    09-21-2017 09:29 AM
    I just wanted confirm I was charged. When Wells Fargo tried calling the phone number listed on the charge they got a busy signal. When I call them now the wait time is 5 hours.

Wells Fargo also stated they see a total of THREE $200 charges on my credit card, so the two phones I ordered (and returned unopened) using Samsung credit are going to be charged that 200 clams on the credit card they had on file for my first order.

This is sickening.
    09-21-2017 12:54 PM
    Are they full charges or pending? Also, you can dispute any charge on your CC as I told you already. If you have the documentation where the phones were returned and the one rejected that should be all your CC company needs.
    09-21-2017 01:00 PM
    Are they full charges or pending? Also, you can dispute any charge on your CC as I told you already. If you have the documentation where the phones were returned and the one rejected that should be all your CC company needs.
    Oh I am disputing it. But one problem is my account at Samsung has never shown the returns going through and despite many CSR reps telling me "You are funded and the returns are accepted." Great, but I want my account to SAY THAT! The account has been "pending" for two+ months despite having been refunded on all three phones. No matter what I do or say Samsung never changed what my online account shows. It is gross incompetence on their part.

My credit card clearly shows the original charge and then the refund in that full amount a few weeks later.

Samsung Finance shows the charges for the two other phones and then the refunds for them a few weeks later.

We will see what happens.
    09-21-2017 01:14 PM
    Oh I am disputing it. But one problem is my account at Samsung has never shown the returns going through and despite many CSR reps telling me "You are funded and the returns are accepted." Great, but I want my account to SAY THAT! The account has been "pending" for two+ months despite having been refunded on all three phones. No matter what I do or say Samsung never changed what my online account shows. It is gross incompetence on their part.

My credit card clearly shows the original charge and then the refund in that full amount a few weeks later.

Samsung Finance shows the charges for the two other phones and then the refunds for them a few weeks later.

We will see what happens.
    Don't lose those receipts! Thank goodnessyou have them but it would still be a nightmare for me. That's a lot of money with nothing to show for it. That is one reason I did not order through Samsung because I have heard they are a nightmare to deal with on financing. So much easier to go through a carrier and and not have to deal with that. And why were you only getting $200 for the S8?
    09-21-2017 06:27 PM