Hey you all, just wanted to share my experience with you all

So first things first, how did I even crack my screen?

I am so embarrassed of this story but maybe I could save someone's smartphone one day... I took my S8 into the shower (first time since release) to hear some radio while in getting freshened up and I placed it on the soaps holder and it slipped right off about a 5 feet drop

So once I realized how big an ***** I am and after literally cursing myself a few days later I started looking into repairing the screen cause it was really bothering me... I use my phone all day and the cracks was breaking my heart

uBreakiFix wanted around $239.99 plus tax another place in a mall wanted a whopping $349.99 to fix it (I only gave $424 for my S8 it was on sale at best buy AND I wasn't so sure how good the repair would be or if my phone would still be water resistant afterwards)

So my friend told me that about a place about an hour away was from samsung officially and could repair my screen, I looked into it and gave them a call they told me to bring it in and the phone would be repaired in under 2 hours and would cost $179.99

So I decided to do the hour drive, got to the store and kinda like the apple genius bar I signed up and waited my turn (I waited about an hour for my turn which was totally my fault for not making an appointment)

When it was finally my turn I told the store worker that I wanted my screen repaired, they looked at it wrote down on a piece of paper what was wrong with my phone I signed a copy of the paper and they told me to wait about an hour and a half and it would be ready (they said they would call as soon as it was ready as well)

me and my friend grabbed some food and went back into the store cause I wanted to show him the huge 18 inch tablet they had

in 47 minutes my phone was fixed, not only the screen but the metal sides (the middle between the front and glass back) was also changed... which was weird cause before the repair it was all dented and scratched I feel like I got basically a new phone.

Phone works flawlessly, they told me the water resistance will work like it should and everything was good

Very happy with the process, instead of shipping it out and waiting 2 weeks (also had a bad experience with my old S6 where samsung lost the phone before repairing it and I didn't have a phone for 4 weeks, all over a front facing camera censor)

Would highly recommend them to anyone who is having a problem with any samsung phones
    SDTRMG and Tim1954 like this.
    09-22-2017 01:07 AM
    that sounds like a great experience and price, I've always found it crazy how expensive some of these repair places try and charge for just a screen. almost half the price or more of the phone it self.
    09-22-2017 01:37 AM
    Glad to hear that it worked out!
    09-22-2017 01:37 AM
    I've got in the habit when I get good service to write a letter or talk to a supervisor. The crap these people have to put up with. Plus it makes me feel better.
    09-22-2017 05:46 AM

I am so embarrassed of this story but maybe I could save someone's smartphone one day... I took my S8 into the shower (first time since release) to hear some radio while in getting freshened up and I placed it on the soaps holder and it slipped right off about a 5 feet drop

So once I realized how big an ***** I am and after literally cursing myself a few days later I started looking into repairing the screen cause it was really bothering me... I use my phone all day and the cracks was breaking my heart

uBreakiFix wanted around $239.99 plus tax another place in a mall wanted a whopping $349.99 to fix it (I only gave $424 for my S8 it was on sale at best buy AND I wasn't so sure how good the repair would be or if my phone would still be water resistant afterwards)

So my friend told me that about a place about an hour away was from samsung officially and could repair my screen, I looked into it and gave them a call they told me to bring it in and the phone would be repaired in under 2 hours and would cost $179.99

So I decided to do the hour drive, got to the store and kinda like the apple genius bar I signed up and waited my turn (I waited about an hour for my turn which was totally my fault for not making an appointment)

When it was finally my turn I told the store worker that I wanted my screen repaired, they looked at it wrote down on a piece of paper what was wrong with my phone I signed a copy of the paper and they told me to wait about an hour and a half and it would be ready (they said they would call as soon as it was ready as well)

me and my friend grabbed some food and went back into the store cause I wanted to show him the huge 18 inch tablet they had

in 47 minutes my phone was fixed, not only the screen but the metal sides (the middle between the front and glass back) was also changed... which was weird cause before the repair it was all dented and scratched I feel like I got basically a new phone.

Phone works flawlessly, they told me the water resistance will work like it should and everything was good

Very happy with the process, instead of shipping it out and waiting 2 weeks (also had a bad experience with my old S6 where samsung lost the phone before repairing it and I didn't have a phone for 4 weeks, all over a front facing camera censor)

Would highly recommend them to anyone who is having a problem with any samsung phones
    Interesting. You didn't have the warranty and just walked into samsung and paid 179? I have the S8+ and my screen is broken. I have the warranty but through Verizon it's 200. There's a samsung site about 15 min from me so I'd definitely rather save the extra 20 and get it replaced in the spot.
    09-22-2017 07:18 AM

Didn't even know they had that type of service. Good to hear... Wish everyone had walk in service.
    Just a thought... I would recommend a Bluetooth speaker for the shower... Better sound, not a big investment and more durable.
    09-22-2017 07:38 AM
    Just a thought... I would recommend a Bluetooth speaker for the shower... Better sound, not a big investment and more durable.
    I only took my phone I'm the shower "just cause"

I never hear radio in the shower I just did it cause the phone was waterproof, bad idea lmao
    09-22-2017 09:18 AM
    Interesting. You didn't have the warranty and just walked into samsung and paid 179? I have the S8+ and my screen is broken. I have the warranty but through Verizon it's 200. There's a samsung site about 15 min from me so I'd definitely rather save the extra 20 and get it replaced in the spot.
    I'm not sure if the S8 plus is the same price as the S8 but paying the same as verizon or maybe even a little bit more to have everything done same day is awesome AND you keep your data so there isn't any "start up" process (downloading apps, syncing contacts/pictures/music etc)
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    09-22-2017 09:22 AM

12-23-2017 02:32 PM
    Where is this place located and do you have a name and number of this store
    recDNA likes this.
    12-23-2017 02:33 PM
    Where is this place located and do you have a name and number of this store
    Here is the address as well as the phone number

91 W Spring Valley Ave, Maywood, NJ 07607

201-383-5841
    12-23-2017 08:31 PM
    The ones here (in Australia) are great too, I have nothing but praise for them every time I visit! Glad to hear a happy story!
    Have the best Xmas to all and sundry :-)
    12-23-2017 10:20 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

I went to the site to see where there was another aaaaand only two in the US (NY and NJ).

Clearly Samsung collectively has greater business sense than I do, but it does surprise me. So many people I talk to seem to love the ability to walk into an Apple retail location for assistance, repair, etc. While the overhead is high for these types of locations, I can't help but feel that the customer goodwill, marketing, and customer-training make it all worthwhile.
    12-26-2017 01:56 PM
    I went to the site to see where there was another aaaaand only two in the US (NY and NJ).
    wow I had no idea
    12-26-2017 08:32 PM
    wow I had no idea
    That craziest part is that depending on local prices, I could see myself saying, "screw it" and spending the day in NYC, getting my screen fixed, stocking up on bagels, etc. Many cheap flights b/w here and NYC. Now, hopefully I just don't break my screen so I never have to think about this :-)
    12-27-2017 11:27 AM
    That craziest part is that depending on local prices, I could see myself saying, "screw it" and spending the day in NYC, getting my screen fixed, stocking up on bagels, etc. Many cheap flights b/w here and NYC. Now, hopefully I just don't break my screen so I never have to think about this :-)
    just don't put it on the soap holder in the shower ahahaha
    12-27-2017 01:27 PM
    I had the screen replaced on my S8 at best buy for the same price
    johnatthebar likes this.
    12-28-2017 07:59 AM
    just don't put it on the soap holder in the shower ahahaha
    I'm not sure it was a plan before, but I'll now be sure to avoid it. Your tip made me think of this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1416776264
    12-28-2017 12:00 PM
    I broke the screen on my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. Good friend of mine told me to call Samsung and they would be the cheapest. Believe it or not Samsung replaced the broken glass on the front screen for $70.31. 2 day shipping each way and they had my phone 2 days. 6 days without a phone but saved me some money. Good luck to all and hope this helps.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-14-2018 02:04 PM
    Excellent - - Sammy did the right thing.

Glad it worked out for you!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-14-2018 02:15 PM
    I had the exact same experience with samsung.
    I went to their official service with screenburn issue and they fixed it in about 30 mins. The best part is the fact that they also replaced the metal frame wich had loads of scratches, the buttons (all of them) and also the back glass plus the camera metal ring.
    That's actually really premium services from samsung. Thumbs up to them!
    03-11-2018 04:14 AM
    I broke the screen on my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. Good friend of mine told me to call Samsung and they would be the cheapest. Believe it or not Samsung replaced the broken glass on the front screen for $70.31. 2 day shipping each way and they had my phone 2 days. 6 days without a phone but saved me some money. Good luck to all and hope this helps.
    Do you have the phone number you called for service? My phone isn't even 6 months old. I broke the screen last night & am devastated. The AMOLED still works flawlessly, but the glass is cracked pretty badly.
    04-14-2018 11:41 AM