Anyone else disappointed my messages?

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Android messages works so much better but Samsung messages looks so much better.

My brother in law and I were talking about this yesterday. He just got the note 8. He likes Samsung messages too but also wants gif support. So what he did was use the app pair feature on the note 8 and paired Google messages and Samsung messages. Now when he opens multi window with app pair he can have google messages in one window and Samsung messages in the other and switch back and forth easily when wanting to use a gif. Seems fragmented but it works.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had been using Textra for quite awhile but decided to try Messages. I like it, mostly for the theme support. I might switch back at some point but for now I finding it pretty usable.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I love the stock message app BUT the way notifications come in is a deal breaker for me

1. its to quick to leave 2. its tiny 3. it doesn't show the whole message

I've been using textra for a while now and its pretty good but man do I miss the themes support.

The app stock messaging app was flawless on my S6

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and use Verizon Messages+. It is better than both the Android and Samsung texting apps. There is even a Windows version so you can have messaging on your desktop/laptop/hybrid. I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a Verizon subscriber to use it.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I, too, wished the stock message app would display the text fully when in arrives such as my LG G3. What made the G3 a bit more pleasant was the ability to swipe left or right to each text messages to view/response and not limited to 3 message like our S8 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34