Just wanted to know if I'm ok with rinsing my S8 under the tap, as I have heard issues where people constantly get a "can't charger moisture detected" error when they try to charge it. How long should I wait to plug it in after that? Do I have to hand dry it with something? Thanks
    09-24-2017 10:14 AM
    Just wanted to know if I'm ok with rinsing my S8 under the tap, as I have heard issues where people constantly get a "can't charger moisture detected" error when they try to charge it. How long should I wait to plug it in after that? Do I have to hand dry it with something? Thanks

You can rinse it , sure. Just make sure you don't run water directly into any of the ports and you keep the stream of water soft .(light)

Afterwards dry it off with a micro fiber cloth to keep scratches away. I usually shake mine in a downward motion to force any water droplets out of the speaker and the charging port.

The wait is up to you really.
    Joshua_Muldoon likes this.
    09-24-2017 10:20 AM
    You can blow it dry with a can of air. Will take about 24 hours for that message to go away after you get it dry. If you put it in rice around 14 hours. And if you use wireless charging it will charge
    immediately.
    09-24-2017 10:21 AM
    You can rinse it , sure. Just make sure you don't run water directly into any of the ports and you keep the stream of water soft .(light)

Afterwards dry it off with a micro fiber cloth to keep scratches away. I usually shake mine in a downward motion to force any water droplets out of the speaker and the charging port.

The wait is up to you really.
    Thank you, I might get a wireless charger so that I don't have to wait if I need to charge it.
    09-24-2017 10:30 AM
    You can blow it dry with a can of air. Will take about 24 hours for that message to go away after you get it dry. If you put it in rice around 14 hours. And if you use wireless charging it will charge
    immediately.
    Ok, thank you. Wireless charging might be the way to go for me.
    09-24-2017 10:31 AM
    I use it all the time. I'm always getting this phone wet.
    09-24-2017 10:46 AM
    You can also get a waterproof case from Amazon for fairly cheap
    09-24-2017 10:47 AM
    You can also get a waterproof case from Amazon for fairly cheap
    Thank you, I did think of that, but chose not to. I got the Spigen instead, but I was considering a waterproof case.
    cgwillard likes this.
    09-24-2017 02:16 PM
    I took my galaxy s8 into a pool party and got it soaked. Even dropped it into the water accidentally. When the party was over, I got the "moisture detected " error. I took a blow dryer in the coolest setting and dried out the USB port for like 5-10 mins. The error went away and I was able to charge with no problem.
    09-24-2017 04:01 PM
    I took my galaxy s8 into a pool party and got it soaked. Even dropped it into the water accidentally. When the party was over, I got the "moisture detected " error. I took a blow dryer in the coolest setting and dried out the USB port for like 5-10 mins. The error went away and I was able to charge with no problem.
    Awesome, thank you.
    09-24-2017 05:43 PM
    I used my s8 at the beach. Got it wet and sandy, no problems. It even slipped out of my pocket and laid on the beach with the water washing onto it for maybe 7-10 minutes til I realized it was not in my pocket. It was partially buried. I rinsed it off with freshwater and it work s fine. It said water was in the charging port but it dried without issue.
    09-24-2017 06:15 PM
    I used my s8 at the beach. Got it wet and sandy, no problems. It even slipped out of my pocket and laid on the beach with the water washing onto it for maybe 7-10 minutes til I realized it was not in my pocket. It was partially buried. I rinsed it off with freshwater and it work s fine. It said water was in the charging port but it dried without issue.
    It usually takes awhile.
    09-25-2017 07:49 AM
    Went swimming with mine this weekend, it's perfectly fine.
    09-27-2017 07:50 PM