Issues transferring files to PC

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Last night I was trying to transfer 8 GB of music that was stored on the the local phone storage over to my pc and ran into some issues. When I clicked and dragged all the files over, it would freeze up. When I tried it again it would transfer some files and then freeze half way and sometimes it would even just close itself out. Sometimes I woild be able to transfer 50 files at a time but then it would end up freezing up before I could get to all of them. Seems like a samsung issue bc when I had my note 7 it was the same but my V20 never had issues like so.

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Even when I do break it up, the transfer would freeze up after sometimes as little as 5 files. I would wait but it doesn't seem to progress any further

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have transferred many files between my S8+ and both a Win10 laptop and XP desktop so I don't believe its a Samsung thing. Have you tried doing a copy/paste instead of dragging? Are you sure you have current USB drivers on the PC?

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had horrible problems transfering files also. Both from phone and SD memory. Windows 10 iCore7 laptop.
None of my recorded videos would play; Windows Media Player would say file not supported, and most of my images would appear as black thumbnails and Windows "Photos" would give me an error message.
The fix was by going into Device Manager, and completely uninstalling the drivers for device "S8". Then, I had to reinstall by reconnecting the device. Worked like a charm.
This also fixed the freezing Windows Explorer problem I had. LITERALLY EVERY time I connected my S8 via USB and opened it in File Explorer, the GREEN BAR OF HATE AND AGONY would get stuck at half way or right before completion eventually ending with (Not Responding)

UUUGHGHGHHG

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
It seems like if you transfer too many files at one time it will freeze up or suddenly stop. I had to transfer 30 files at a time until all 500 were copied over. Tried two computers and they both had the same issues with transferring large amounts of files at one time