Question for you all... I have someone who wants to trade me his iPhone 6s plus (grey 128gb model) plus his 1st Gen black SS Apple watch WITH money on top for just my S8+ ... Do any of you think this is a good deal at all? If so, how much money would you ask for on top of the trade.

Mods: apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Let me know what you guys think. I don't mind iOS, so let's not make this about which platform is better and all that jazz. They both have their pros and cons. I know all about both operating systems, so let's just focus on what's included in the trade and what the value of everything adds up to. I'm leaning back and forth like a small boat in the Atlantic, so I need a little help with this one before I drive myself insane :-P

Thanks!
    09-28-2017 10:07 PM
    Welp, 6s+ is going for like 260 and the 1st Gen Apple watch is like 200 to 300 so depending on how much cash...... YES.

09-28-2017 10:18 PM
    09-28-2017 11:20 PM
    Welp, 6s+ is going for like 260 and the 1st Gen Apple watch is like 200 to 300 so depending on how much cash...... YES.

6s+ 128 gig seems to be going for more than that on swappa. Apple watch for less than that. Gahhhhh this decision is really tough. Been there done that with Apple, and I know I won't like the experience nearly as much as on the S8+, but I've recently been laid off and the cash on top is enticing, depending on how much cash I would get on top.

How much cash would you ask for on top of that trade, you think? Is $100 too much? Not enough? Honestly, just need a bit of influence here.
    09-28-2017 11:46 PM
    Nope
    Can you elaborate?
    09-28-2017 11:46 PM
    Considering, you're wanting to trade a new phone for one that is over two years old and a first gen Apple watch, I'd say no.

I traded my iPhone 6s+ in for an S8+ and I'll tell you going from an S8+ an iPhone 6s+ is a HUGE downgrade.
    09-29-2017 01:05 AM
    If you can still trade in the phone for the Note 8 discount, then yes for $300 more.

Them trade in the iPhone 6 for a Note 8 discount, hopefully with freebies. Sell the apple watch, use proceeds and the cash you're getting to pay for the rest.

So you essentially turned your S8+ into the Note8 at no cost.
    09-29-2017 01:23 AM
    Considering, you're wanting to trade a new phone for one that is over two years old and a first gen Apple watch, I'd say no.

I traded my iPhone 6s+ in for an S8+ and I'll tell you going from an S8+ an iPhone 6s+ is a HUGE downgrade.
    Well I'm not "wanting" to do anything, but the offer is there so I'm just looking for opinions really. Could use the cash on top honestly but can't seem to rationalize the switch otherwise. Fyi, I'm in agreement with you. Definite downgrade, although the 6s plus still performs admirably on official iOS 11
    09-29-2017 01:38 AM
    If you can still trade in the phone for the Note 8 discount, then yes for $300 more.

Them trade in the iPhone 6 for a Note 8 discount, hopefully with freebies. Sell the apple watch, use proceeds and the cash you're getting to pay for the rest.

So you essentially turned your S8+ into the Note8 at no cost.
    That'd be ideal but I don't think he'll throw $300 on top of the trade, if I'm understanding you correctly. My bad if I'm not, it's late and my brain has gone to sleep already ahead of the rest of me. Also, not sure if that 50% off trade deal is still on... I'll have to look into that.
    09-29-2017 01:41 AM
    Giving up Starbucks for six months before I'd go down that path.

Went from 6S+ to S8+ myself and there might be other ways to put $ in your pocket.
    09-29-2017 01:12 PM
    Giving up Starbucks for six months before I'd go down that path.

Went from 6S+ to S8+ myself and there might be other ways to put $ in your pocket.
    Can't really relate to that as Starbucks holds no value to me. But I get your point. Also, I'm well aware that there are other ways to put money in my pocket, and I'm doing them.

Let me lay it out more clearly. This person has a mint condition iPhone 6s+ 128gb and a mint condition black stainless steel Apple watch with 5-6 additional bands. He's willing to trade all of this, plus an agreed upon cash value on top of the trade, for JUST the S8+. Considering I also have the new gear VR with controller and a gear S2 classic I can sell for additional funds in my pocket, do any of you think this might be a trade that would work out in my favor? IF NOT, EXPLAIN WHY. Thanks.
    09-29-2017 02:22 PM
    I, personally, don't think it's worth it only because you'll be getting a phone that is 2 year old compared to the one you have which is much newer. I can understand if it was the 7+, but not the 6S+ Mint condition or not, still don't think it's worth it.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    09-29-2017 02:31 PM
    I, personally, don't think it's worth it only because you'll be getting a phone that is 2 year old compared to the one you have which is much newer. I can understand if it was the 7+, but not the 6S+ Mint condition or not, still don't think it's worth it.
    Fair enough, and I pretty much fully agree. If I was presented with an iPhone 7+ with a series 2 Apple watch, I don't think I would have come here at all asking for opinions. I only did because the deal as a whole was still slightly tempting, especially if I can get an additional $100-$150 out of him. But you're probably right. Plus, the 6s+ battery, and the apple watch battery as well, are probably suffering a bit at this point, and the S8+ is leagues ahead of it in almost all aspects... gahhhhh ok thanks for your response! The things I consider for some fast cash lol...
    09-29-2017 02:41 PM
    I wouldn't do it because it's and iPhone, but Apple bashing aside.

It's a 2017 flagship vs 2015, that 6s may already have 2 years of wear and tear, who knows what condition the battery is in and other things. Personally wouldn't swap for any 2 year old phone.
    09-29-2017 08:16 PM
    Makes total sense, and that's exactly the thoughts I had in my head, but for some reason it was still tempting. I already said no to the dude, so I think bad decision averted lol ... Thanks everyone! You all helped me make the right decision.
    09-29-2017 08:36 PM
    Can you elaborate?
    The iPhone is an inferior phone in all aspects. There is a reason they want to trade and give you cash.
    09-29-2017 08:44 PM
    The iPhone is an inferior phone in all aspects. There is a reason they want to trade and give you cash.

Yea, it's a 2 year old iPhone. Hence the cash. If it was an iPhone 7+ there would be no cash on top. I've already had an iPhone 7+ before this phone, and I wouldn't expect any cash on top. I also wouldn't classify that as an "inferior phone" ... The iPhone 7+ handled everything I threw at it wonderfully, without a single hiccup. I honestly can't say the same about the s8+, no matter how beastly of a phone it is. Especially in respect to battery life. I tend not to blindly take sides. I try the products and form an opinion based on my time with said product. I have been able to do almost everything I can do on Android, on iOS. However, this was not intended to be an iPhone vs S8+ debate, and as you can clearly see from my previous post I passed on the trade. So, no need to comment further on the subject. At least not in this particular thread.

Mods: you can close this now. Thanks.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    09-29-2017 09:52 PM