Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S8+ used and I am new to droid. I registered both Fingerprint and Iris successfully. But when I go to unlock the screen, I click the Power button and no Iris scanning occurs. It just sits there on a home/notification screen and doesn't scan my eye. Then once I do a swipe, it unlocks.

The same thing happens when I click the Power button. put my finer on the fingerprint scanner...nothing happens. Then a simple screen swipe unlocks it.

Settings->Lock Screen and Security->Screen lock type = PIN, Fingerprints, Iris

It is acting like Screen lock type = Swipe - No security
    but that is not the setting.
    09-28-2017 10:27 PM
    Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S8+ used and I am new to droid. I registered both Fingerprint and Iris successfully. But when I go to unlock the screen, I click the Power button and no Iris scanning occurs. It just sits there on a home/notification screen and doesn't scan my eye. Then once I do a swipe, it unlocks.

The same thing happens when I click the Power button. put my finer on the fingerprint scanner...nothing happens. Then a simple screen swipe unlocks it.

Settings->Lock Screen and Security->Screen lock type = PIN, Fingerprints, Iris

It is acting like Screen lock type = Swipe - No security
    but that is not the setting.
    Make sure that Smart Lock is not enabled. Perhaps it's recognizing a Bluetooth device or physical address keeping the phone from locking.
    09-28-2017 10:36 PM
    My fingerprint is working fine. Pro tip: For the second fingerprint, rescan the same finger with the case on the phone.
    09-29-2017 02:17 PM
    Settings - display- navigation bar. Enable "unlock with home button"
    09-29-2017 05:15 PM
    I think the phone is not locking instantly when power button or when screen times out, just need to change the settings and it should work. Go to settings then lock screen and security and then secure lockscreen settings and change it so it locks instantly with power button if thats what your after.
    10-01-2017 01:35 AM