Hello all, it has been some time since I was active on here. Life has been a bit bad and I am now finally getting some down time.

I do have a couple of questions about the camera on the S8+. Is it possible to have the camera stay on without going to the home screen? The camera will only stay on for maybe a minute before shutting down to the home screen, makes it impossible to set up any kind of shot. I searched through the settings and could not find an option for this.

Also I was given some lenses to try out, like a macro lens. When I use the lens and try to light up the object, I get black lines scrolling across the screen and they show up in the photos. Any idea what causes this?
    10-04-2017 11:07 AM
    Howdy. Welcome back. I hope things are getting better for you.

On the first question. You need to change the screen timeout settings. I BELIEVE default is 1 minute. Settings -> Display -> Screen timeout. You can set it up to 10 minutes. Then Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Secure lock settings -> Lock automatically. You can set that to up to 30 minutes.

This will change how long your screen stays on and then how long after the screen turns off before locking the phone.

On the second question. I would need to know what macro lens you are using and how it attaches to the phone. Do the lines show when the flash or lighting source is off?
    10-04-2017 01:43 PM
    Howdy. Welcome back. I hope things are getting better for you.

On the first question. You need to change the screen timeout settings. I BELIEVE default is 1 minute. Settings -> Display -> Screen timeout. You can set it up to 10 minutes. Then Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Secure lock settings -> Lock automatically. You can set that to up to 30 minutes.

This will change how long your screen stays on and then how long after the screen turns off before locking the phone.

On the second question. I would need to know what macro lens you are using and how it attaches to the phone. Do the lines show when the flash or lighting source is off?
    I set my timeout to 10 minutes when I first got the phone. I cannot find secure lock settings in my phone. Quite odd. Either way the camera goes to home screen after only a minute or so.

I just seen the black lines while just using the camera in hdr mode with no lens. It seems to happen when I use another light near the object I am taking a picture of. Without the light I cannot see the object very well hence the added light.
    10-04-2017 02:11 PM
    What version is your S8+? Is it a branded version or unlocked? I'm using the Verizon S8+, so there could be differences in settings. Try turning off AOD and see what happens.

On the second issue. What kind of lighting conditions are you shooting in? What is your primary light source? It sounds like your light source is not synced with the camera. Kinda like what you get when video recording an old CRT TV screen. If that makes sense.
    10-04-2017 02:40 PM
    I have a Sprint S8+. I am just in my room with a little bit of sunlight. I am using a flashlight to get light onto the object.
    10-04-2017 02:44 PM
    Ok. One other question. What camera app are you using? Stock, or a third party? I should have asked that initially. Also, try some shots under "normal" lighting conditions, like outside in the sunlight if possible. If you are using a third party camera app, that possibly be the problem. If you have the same problem under normal lighting conditions with the stock camera, then it is probably a hardware problem.

I can't replicate the issue on my S8+ using the stock camera app.
    10-04-2017 03:31 PM
    I am using stock camera. I will have to test it outside and see later when I get a chance.
    10-04-2017 03:34 PM