Not getting sound notifications

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Since I got the Unlocked S8(SM-G950F) running Nougat 7.00 I am not getting sound notifications from twitter, notifications are working as they should from other apps, anyone can help?:mad:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Twitter app's settings, is there a notification option that allows you to select the notification tone? If so, what is it set to? What happens if you select a different tone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting any notification at all from Twitter, or is the icon not even there in the status bar? Do you use any other Twitter platforms like Tweetdeck that might be intercepting tweets, and therefore making the app think they're already read?

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting any notification at all from Twitter, or is the icon not even there in the status bar? Do you use any other Twitter platforms like Tweetdeck that might be intercepting tweets, and therefore making the app think they're already read?
Same problem, the Twitter app gives me no notifications. Using fenix 1. I think it isn't available anymore, fenix 2 is. All notifications work fine on fenix.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem, the Twitter app gives me no notifications. Using fenix 1. I think it isn't available anymore, fenix 2 is. All notifications work fine on fenix.
So you have both Twitter and Fenix installed? Again, I'd guess that Fenix is essentially taking the notifications away from the Twitter app.

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So you have both Twitter and Fenix installed? Again, I'd guess that Fenix is essentially taking the notifications away from the Twitter app.
Before oreo I was getting notifications from both. I will shut off notifications from Fenix & see if it works. The Stock Twitter App has come a long way on Android. Thank You for the tip.
Vinny

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Before oreo I was getting notifications from both. I will shut off notifications from Fenix & see if it works. The Stock Twitter App has come a long way on Android. Thank You for the tip.
Vinny
Deleted Fenix & still no sound notifications from Twitter. It was worth the try.
Vinny

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly how Fenix works, but if you had to sign into it with your Twitter account, I wonder if it might still be intercepting all of your Twitter notifications (kind of like how iMessage can mess up your texts if you switch from iPhone to Android and don't completely remove your number from the iMessage servers). Is there a way to remove your Twitter account from Fenix?

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Since I got the Unlocked S8(SM-G950F) running Nougat 7.00 I am not getting sound notifications from twitter, notifications are working as they should from other apps, anyone can help?:mad:
Neither am I. Been through every setting 5 times, I've come to conclusion it's app related. If you figure it out please drop an update. I will do the same. I'll keep looking.
Good Luck,
Vinny

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly how Fenix works, but if you had to sign into it with your Twitter account, I wonder if it might still be intercepting all of your Twitter notifications (kind of like how iMessage can mess up your texts if you switch from iPhone to Android and don't completely remove your number from the iMessage servers). Is there a way to remove your Twitter account from Fenix?
Before the Oreo update I had both Stock Twitter app & Fenix on my phone. Both received notifications at the same time. Only started this issue after the Oreo update. Tried everything, signed out, deleted app, changed times, made sure app was not being put to sleep in battery maintenance. Since Twitter has improved their app on Android I enjoy using the Stock app, then this happens. Go Figure !!!!
Thanks for help,
Vinny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781