Battery dying like crazy what's the deal?

AnnaDahmer

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine will randomly take a bit to charge...as well as sometimes die quickly. The best thing you can do is constantly check its battery performance and let it 'fix it now'...as well as toggle between battery saving modes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The cell signal strength doesn't look very good in those screen shots. Use GSam Battery Monitor to show us a more detailed graph of the cell signal strength throughout the day. Poor cell signal is a common culprit for battery drain.

Also, it's more helpful to see your battery stats after the battery has gone from 100% to around 20%, so we can see what's been happening over a longer period of time.

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
There are numerous of apps to support/ monitor your battery usage. All-in-one Toolbox and Security Master is my favorite... Make sure you aren't using quick charge, it weakens your battery gradually. I only use that for emergency only. Don't always be in low power mode, only be on it when you have no access to your charger... The Galaxy s8 may not improved their 3000mAH battery from the Galaxy s7, but they improved the durability drastically..

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be doing well! I typically charge when I get to 60 or so but yesterday I lost 3 % in like 4 hours during standby with occasional email/time checks. I don't use AOD unless I'm at the office and have most apps set to not go crazy using the battery

Nick Vis

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
My S8+ drops 50% or more overnight most nights. Not using AOD and most apps set to sleep when not used. Pretty good signal as we have a brand new tower about 500m from our place. It's really odd as it lasts fine during normal daytime use at work, streaming, twitter, browsing etc. Can't figure it out