I have an unlocked (Best By) S8 that works fine other than the Mobile Hotspot decided to flake out on me.

It worked a month ago when I set up a Chromecast Audio for my car but tonight when my son wanted to connect his tablet to my phones wifi hotspot, he could see the network name I created for the hotspot but when we typed in the password, it never would connect. My daughter tried on her iphone and it kept saying"wrong passowrd" even though we typed it in correctly

I went to TMO store and he had me call tech and after several attempts to fix he had me wipe the cache but that didn't help.

I am totally stumped as to why it now won't allow any device to connect to the S8 hotspot. Note that TMO says it should, nothing on the account saying it shouldn't be able to. Did I mess something up when I set the hotspot up under a new user name and password?

So I'm at a loss. Any ideas on how to fix? Any way to "reset" the hotspot back to the factory network name/password?

ANy help is appreciated.
    10-07-2017 08:33 PM
    Maybe a factory reset might help?
    10-08-2017 12:12 AM