Could not find this on google. Seems like Im the only one who has this issue... Currently I am using the TEXTRA app for my messaging. Everything is working fine expect when clearing notifications.
    When I receive a text and clear it via Notification centre, it flags the SMS as read. ( to clarify- Textra is leaving the message marked as read because I did not actually read it when clearing the notification)

How do I stop this from happening? This was not like this in the beginning. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Used the stock messages and there is no problems at all so it is just with Textra. If anyone knows a fix please let me know ( or pm me if you need clarifying)
    10-08-2017 11:09 PM
    Are you certain this wasn't the case before? It's always been that way for me since I started using Textra on the S7... so Note 5, S8, Note 7, and Note 8 all do that: if you just swipe the notification away, the message is still flagged as 'unread'. Only if you tap the notification to actually read the message (be it on the full app or the quick reply window) will it be flagged as 'read' (or if you use Android Wear, if you select that specific option on the notification on your watch).
    10-09-2017 12:22 AM
    Are you certain this wasn't the case before? It's always been that way for me since I started using Textra on the S7... so Note 5, S8, Note 7, and Note 8 all do that: if you just swipe the notification away, the message is still flagged as 'unread'. Only if you tap the notification to actually read the message (be it on the full app or the quick reply window) will it be flagged as 'read' (or if you use Android Wear, if you select that specific option on the notification on your watch).
    Same here. If I swipe the notification, it stays unread. If I tap into it, the message gets marked as read.
    10-11-2017 04:39 PM
    Same here. If I swipe the notification, it stays unread. If I tap into it, the message gets marked as read.
    10-11-2017 04:39 PM
    Can you check again? And note the Textra version? Are yo on a Samsung phone? I just checked on mine recently and the OP is right, now swiping the notification (not tapping on it) will also mark the message as read.
    10-11-2017 05:07 PM
    Can you check again? And note the Textra version? Are yo on a Samsung phone? I just checked on mine recently and the OP is right, now swiping the notification (not tapping on it) will also mark the message as read.
    WOW! Just checked and you are right. I swiped the message and it got marked as read. This must be new because it did not always do that. I'm on a S8+. I'll submit to Textra.
    10-11-2017 05:16 PM
    Textra wrote back to me and basically said that swiping=read is normal and that they would consider changing it in a future release.

I swear it did not mark swiped messages as read when I first started using the app. Not sure when it changed.
    10-11-2017 08:10 PM
    Textra wrote back to me and basically said that swiping=read is normal and that they would consider changing it in a future release.

I swear it did not mark swiped messages as read when I first started using the app. Not sure when it changed.
    10-11-2017 08:10 PM
    So i asked this on the samsung community forum and got one response saying
    apparently after textra's update messaged get marked as read now,
    10-11-2017 10:27 PM
    Okay . what the heck, I don't know how swiping a notification and marking it as read is considered normal...
    So pretty much they will change it back if the majority complains about it.
    10-11-2017 10:29 PM
    Okay . what the heck, I don't know how swiping a notification and marking it as read is considered normal...
    10-11-2017 10:29 PM
    You know what I'm having problems with...Receiving MMS from other people. For some reason they're not always coming through on "Legacy" or "System"...Anyone else having this issue?
    10-12-2017 09:48 AM
    People haven't told me or asked me if i gotten any mms so I wouldn't't know. I however have not been receiving SMS couple of times. very frustrating
    10-12-2017 11:54 AM
    Yeah, 'tech' that contacted me (the same who couldn't open a GIF and took three e-mails to understand what I meant by 'swiping a notification away') claims that not only is this behavior expected, it's also how it's been since Textra was released. NO, IT WASN'T! Arrrgggh...

I'm starting to lose faith in this app... First they claim access to 'Advanced Messaging' is an OS limitation, then they have issues with 'missing' messages that the stock app does get, then they get duplicate issues with T-Mobile's DIGITS (OK, that one might be on the carrier, too, but still), and now this and they claim it's always been that way? Nope... No thanks.
    10-13-2017 10:53 AM
    wait... that's not intended? I hate cause the stock message app doesn't mark as read when I swipe away...

I actually love that lmao and I just don't do anything if I wanna keep is as unread cause it goes away after a few seconds
    10-13-2017 12:55 PM
    wait... that's not intended? I hate cause the stock message app doesn't mark as read when I swipe away...

I actually love that lmao and I just don't do anything if I wanna keep is as unread cause it goes away after a few seconds
    Why would you love that? You DIDN'T read the message, you just dismissed the notification. The message SHOULD stay flagged as unread.

I get it if they want this to be an option, but this is not intended behavior, and what's more, it was NOT the way it worked in previous versions like the so-called techs are trying to make us believe.
    10-13-2017 02:31 PM
    justnivek
    + lmao yeah i was telling a buddy of mine and he wanted msg's to be marked as read when swiping
    justnivek likes this.
    10-13-2017 07:08 PM
    justnivek
    + lmao yeah i was telling a buddy of mine and he wanted msg's to be marked as read when swiping
    justnivek likes this.
    10-13-2017 07:08 PM
    SpookDroid

yeah it should be an option. and it was definitely not like that, do not know why they would lie about that .

Don't know what other apps to use either than stock or text.
    10-13-2017 07:11 PM
    SpookDroid

yeah it should be an option. and it was definitely not like that, do not know why they would lie about that .

Don't know what other apps to use either than stock or text.
    10-13-2017 07:11 PM
    Why would you love that? You DIDN'T read the message, you just dismissed the notification. The message SHOULD stay flagged as unread.
    maybe that's just you, but when a notification comes (especially a text message) I read it... I dont just swipe it away without reading it first which = read in my book

now if my screen lit up from from a text and I didn't look at the phone in time and when the screen shut back off... if it was marked read THEN I could see a problem

Like I said above, I swipe it away cause I already read it and if I wanted to respond I would click the little reply button or touch the notification that came in to reply, if I wanna reply to it later or keep it as unread cause I'm busy so I dont forget later I just let the notification stay for like what 3 seconds?

EDIT: I guess if you have a bunch of notifications and you was unaware of a text message and just hit the "clear all" button you wouldn't know you got a text but I'm not one of those people. All my games have notifications disabled, the work I do doesn't require any notification/email to pop up thru out the day. The only notifications I get is instagram, text messages, After ship (which is once in a great while) and Playstore apps need to be updated/being updated

Before the "edit" I was only talking about when I received the message live sorry for any confusion
    10-14-2017 10:49 AM
    Does it say somewhere

Swipe right = mark read, snooze, dismiss?
    10-14-2017 11:10 AM
    Gayle Lynn

Nope.
    Not that I know of.
    This setting was changed after the update
    10-14-2017 01:44 PM
    Gayle Lynn

Nope.
    Not that I know of.
    This setting was changed after the update
    10-14-2017 01:44 PM