Hey, my phone got a problem with its screen (sort of light bleeding).
    Samsung reps said that they will check it, and it will take 2 work days to fully examin the phone.
    Anyway, I saw at YouTube that when unpros teardown their phone it ends up with the color peeling off from the glass, scratches on the frame and etc..

I know that Samsung reseal the device so it will be water resistant again, but it kinda freaks me out that I might get a device that will end up looking worse that what it is now (mint condition).

How about your experience? When your device needed a repair, did you get any marks on it?

Thank you!
    10-09-2017 06:32 PM
    Samsung experience stores in Australia have been excellent! They fixed my S7 overnight when it crashed installing Nougat. I highly recommend them.
    Yuvalhad12 likes this.
    10-09-2017 11:09 PM
    Samsung experience stores in Australia have been excellent! They fixed my S7 overnight when it crashed installing Nougat. I highly recommend them.
    Doing a software reinstallation vs fixing a hardware issue for a water proof phone are very different jobs and they can't be compared.
    10-10-2017 09:57 AM
    Hey, my phone got a problem with its screen (sort of light bleeding).
    Samsung reps said that they will check it, and it will take 2 work days to fully examin the phone.
    Anyway, I saw at YouTube that when unpros teardown their phone it ends up with the color peeling off from the glass, scratches on the frame and etc..

I know that Samsung reseal the device so it will be water resistant again, but it kinda freaks me out that I might get a device that will end up looking worse that what it is now (mint condition).

How about your experience? When your device needed a repair, did you get any marks on it?

Thank you!
    Do you have insurance on it. And if you don't can you still get it? That would be the best advice I or anyone can give you. And do they warranty after they fix it. I would test the water proofing or ask them if the check it for you after they complete your phone service. Write down things that you are worried about before you send it in and discuss it with them. I'm sure others on these forums have had mixed reviews with warranty services. They may know some good questions to ask. Good luck.
    10-10-2017 06:24 PM
    Do you have insurance on it. And if you don't can you still get it? That would be the best advice I or anyone can give you. And do they warranty after they fix it. I would test the water proofing or ask them if the check it for you after they complete your phone service. Write down things that you are worried about before you send it in and discuss it with them. I'm sure others on these forums have had mixed reviews with warranty services. They may know some good questions to ask. Good luck.
    Thank you! No, I don't have insurance but they said that they would check it and if it isn't a damage caused by costumer they will fix it.
    I have took pics of the phone so I could compare the differences when the device would be sent to them, if it would be sent at all (I saw that the problem is very common so maybe it isn't a problem?)
    10-10-2017 06:29 PM
    They also replaced a cracked back cover....
    10-10-2017 09:50 PM
    Pleased to hear this, I'm just about to buy my first samsung phone, the s8+, and I note that it's got a two year manufacturer warranty. Goodoh!

I get a $100 discount if I buy it at jbhifi, (uni alumni deal), $1249, or I'm thinking about buying it from Harvey Norman cos the $1349 includes the Samsung Fast Charge Convertible Wireless Charger.

Anyway, if something goes wrong with the device, and I need warranty I want to be assured that samsung will fix it, lol.

My local mall has a samsung kiosk and the guys there are great and have let me just play with the various devices while I've made my mind up to give up blackberry and move over to samsung.

I've been with blackberry exclusively since 2008, but there's no longer enough bb software on it for me to call it a blackberry.

Sigh .....

(So, as from this Friday you're going to see me in this Forum from now on, a move from crackberry, lol)
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-11-2017 03:16 AM
    @Heavens1, I have nothing but praise for the Samsung shops here in Brisbane, they were great every time I went there! Welcome to Android, looking forward to seeing you around the forums! Happy days!
    10-11-2017 04:49 AM
    Pleased to hear this, I'm just about to buy my first samsung phone, the s8+, and I note that it's got a two year manufacturer warranty. Goodoh!

I get a $100 discount if I buy it at jbhifi, (uni alumni deal), $1249, or I'm thinking about buying it from Harvey Norman cos the $1349 includes the Samsung Fast Charge Convertible Wireless Charger.

Anyway, if something goes wrong with the device, and I need warranty I want to be assured that samsung will fix it, lol.

My local mall has a samsung kiosk and the guys there are great and have let me just play with the various devices while I've made my mind up to give up blackberry and move over to samsung.

I've been with blackberry exclusively since 2008, but there's no longer enough bb software on it for me to call it a blackberry.

Sigh .....

(So, as from this Friday you're going to see me in this Forum from now on, a move from crackberry, lol)
    I moved from BlackBerry two months ago to an S8+. I had been all BlackBerry since early 2000s using their two way pagers. Love this samsung. Never looking back.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    10-11-2017 06:30 AM
    @Centerman66 Hey, great to see a familiar face ๐Ÿ˜Ž

(I guess, and hope, I'll see more friendly faces here ๐Ÿ˜Ž)
    10-11-2017 12:12 PM
    Samsung repair tech won't scratch your device. And if they do they simply replace the front or back. Further more they have the equipment and expertise to open and close the phones without a hassle.
    Yuvalhad12 likes this.
    10-11-2017 12:25 PM
    I did a Galaxy S8 screen repair, phone actually looks better than it did when I gave it to them

They also guaranteed that the phone will be water resistant again

This was at a samsung repair center around an hour drive away from me but it was worth it
    Yuvalhad12 likes this.
    10-11-2017 06:22 PM
    I just sent mine in because of a broken back. Cost me $70 (US) and free 2 day shipping to and from the repair center. Phone came back looking like new and an additional surprise.. I had a few scratches on the front screen and when I got it back they were gone. Either they replaced my phone (doubtful) or they replaced both the front and back screens.

Anyway, very happy with the repair obviously.
    Yuvalhad12 likes this.
    10-12-2017 02:00 PM