Delay when rotating phone 90 degrees

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't help but notice that when I rotate my phone on any screen (it doesn't seem to matter) there's quite a delay for the screen to rotate 90 degrees -- is there any way to shorten this delay

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the delay too. I did notice it (and still do). I think it's just the way it is. Nothing can be done. Wish it was faster.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Can't help but notice that when I rotate my phone on any screen (it doesn't seem to matter) there's quite a delay for the screen to rotate 90 degrees -- is there any way to shorten this delay
What kind of time are we talking about?

Half a second?

Two minutes?

I mean, I get something less than a whole second, so it would be nice to know what you consider "quite a delay" .

I think two minutes would be quite a delay.

But, there's no setting. I think the sensor just wants to be sure you've purposely turned the phone and you didn't just make a wild swing or something instead.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
What kind of time are we talking about?

Half a second?

Two minutes?

I mean, I get something less than a whole second, so it would be nice to know what you consider "quite a delay" .

I think two minutes would be quite a delay.

But, there's no setting. I think the sensor just wants to be sure you've purposely turned the phone and you didn't just make a wild swing or something instead.
I appreciate your point. Maybe one full second. I'll tell you this much my wife's Galaxy S5 rotates in half the time at least compared to my S8.

C LaBelle

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've found that there are many things in the S8 that are very slow that shouldn't be. Rotating the screen, placing a call (opening phone, selecting contact, selecting the phone icon, not very snappy), many native apps are just slow to open and use. I feel for such an expensive phone basic functions like this should be fluid and fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12