Updates - abandoned by Samsung already...

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi, this is my first Samsung device and have to say I'm quite disappointed at their customer care for a flag ship device.

I've had no update since August, the bluetooth vulnerability still hasn't been fixed for me never mind the WiFi one. My phone is unlocked in UK and gets updates direct from Samsung, yet there are none. They seem to have abandoned this model.

Really disappointed it remains vulnerable to exploits that should have been patched. Is still running Aug security updates too.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this is my first Samsung device and have to say I'm quite disappointed at their customer care for a flag ship device.

I've had no update since August, the bluetooth vulnerability still hasn't been fixed for me never mind the WiFi one. My phone is unlocked in UK and gets updates direct from Samsung, yet there are none. They seem to have abandoned this model.

Really disappointed it remains vulnerable to exploits that should have been patched. Is still running Aug security updates too.

Not sure exactly what you are talking about. Samsung hasn't abandoned anything. I have the September Security update. And I am sure another will be out shortly for the KRACK WPA2 Exploit.

Either way, nothing has been abandoned...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not been abandoned. Basically all Samsung phones right now are stuck in August security update. Either they're stuck in testing for some reason or they're incorporating everything into one huge update. Right before the Nougat update for the S7 Edge, I had no security updates for over a month. Hopefully it's Oreo. Lol.

Paul109

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
wbubchart1 I agree, I had an unlocked UK s8+ and was wondering when my device was going to get the update, as far as I'm aware from reading various forums and websites the majority of network branded s8 if not all by now have received the update to fix bluborne yet the unlocked model is still waiting

Jamescunni

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
wbubchart1 I agree, I had an unlocked UK s8+ and was wondering when my device was going to get the update, as far as I'm aware from reading various forums and websites the majority of network branded s8 if not all by now have received the update to fix bluborne yet the unlocked model is still waiting

Not on Vodafone I'm still on August update have heard that Sept/October patch is bundled together so normally comes at end of month

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It is not abandoned. It is just Samsung being Samsung, taking their time to update.

If you want instant patches and regular fast updates, buy an iPhone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Every Samsung phone I have (US unlocked S7 Edge, T-Mobile S7 Edge, US unlocked S8+ and a T-Mobile Note 8) are all on the August patch. No one has anything more current. A new update will come soon, you just have to be patient.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
iOS has been getting weekly updates - not sure you want that though - bleeding edge and all that.
Not on my iPhone 6. My s8+ however has seen a monthly update since I got it in April.
Or maybe you mean the patches required for iOS 11. And the ones still needed to fix various issues. An update I regret to have done.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It is not abandoned. It is just Samsung being Samsung, taking their time to update.

If you want instant patches and regular fast updates, buy an iPhone.

Yes, and then deal with the fact they released something too early and have major issues, and have to do 10 patches to get it right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Google or BlackBerry if you want the security updates when they are released to Android.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's not like a new update would make your phone 100% secure. New exploits are always being discovered and there are untold numbers of exploits Google doesn't even know about.

No system is 100% secure.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

calm down they are working on bixby 2.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty