My hard press and feedback do not seem to be working. Vibration works. Have tried different intensity settings, resetting phone.
    A double tap works for the function of the hard press. Is there a setting g for this that I may have toggled? How can I get the hard press function back?
    Thanks!
    10-20-2017 05:50 AM
    Settings>Display>Navigation bar. Make sure "unlock with home button is toggled on. Below that
    you'll see a slider to adjust hard press sensitivity.
    mundo472 and gernerttl like this.
    10-20-2017 06:56 PM
    Settings>Display>Navigation bar. Make sure "unlock with home button is toggled on. Below that
    you'll see a slider to adjust hard press sensitivity.
    Thanks Mary. I had done this things. Samsung support suggested wiping the cache. It was still not working, then a couple hours later, did work. Almost fell like some background process is interfering but if that was the case, why can I still doubletap the home key to get the same result as the hard press? Also, wouldn't the phone slow down overall?
    Still working a day later, but vexing.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:45 AM
    That is strange. My phone is just the opposite. I can use hard press but double tap doesn't work. How did you enable double tap?
    10-22-2017 08:25 AM
    That is strange. My phone is just the opposite. I can use hard press but double tap doesn't work. How did you enable double tap?
    Wish I knew!
    10-22-2017 04:31 PM
    Wish I knew!
    Have to laugh. Just posted in another thread about messing with settings or trying to fix an issue, then having no idea how I got the end result. :-)
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-22-2017 08:24 PM
    First. Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about the force touch. Second, I believe the double tap only works with the AOD, where as the force touch works whether you have AOD enabled or not.

I only have AOD enabled at night when my phone is on the charger next to my bed.
    10-23-2017 06:03 PM
    I tried double tap home button... Previously had it hidden on AOD... but it only takes me to the lock screen. If I hard press (at home where I have smart lock enabled) it opens to the home screen. Must be doing something wrong. Watched a YouTube video that showed double tap home button and it opened to the home screen.
    10-23-2017 09:45 PM
    my DT opens to homescreen. on the Nav Bar settings do you have "unlock with home button" enabled?
    10-24-2017 07:59 AM
    I tried double tap home button... Previously had it hidden on AOD... but it only takes me to the lock screen. If I hard press (at home where I have smart lock enabled) it opens to the home screen. Must be doing something wrong. Watched a YouTube video that showed double tap home button and it opened to the home screen.
    I'm not sure you are doing something wrong. I tried the double tap last night when my AOD was enabled. It only took me to the lock screen as well, but didn't take me to my home screen.
    10-24-2017 05:37 PM
    my DT opens to homescreen. on the Nav Bar settings do you have "unlock with home button" enabled?
    Yeah that's enabled and hard press works fine.
    10-24-2017 07:29 PM
    I'm not sure you are doing something wrong. I tried the double tap last night when my AOD was enabled. It only took me to the lock screen as well, but didn't take me to my home screen.
    Have tried DTTW several different ways... With and without secure lock, with and without smart lock, swipe to unlock... Can only open to lock screen. Wish it would work. One of the things I got used to using WP.
    gernerttl likes this.
    10-24-2017 07:33 PM
    Wish I knew how you got yours to work. Do you just use swipe to unlock or a secure lock? Do you have to have smart lock disabled? I'll try a Google search in a bit.
    10-24-2017 07:36 PM
    Happened to me after a few months. Clearing data and cache for always on display in applications fixed it for me.
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-26-2017 02:45 AM