White specks of dust (or salt I can't tell) stuck in my black earpiece!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed 3 specks of white dust in my earpiece. I tried blowing but that didn't work. After some research I found that I can use gum tack which worked for 2 of those 3 specks. There's one that's staying there. It's driving me mad (it's white on black).

What can I do? (other than rinsing it in water which, even if it's IP68 I'm never going to do on purpose)

I'm a little disapointed given it's supposed to be dust resistant. :-

Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Dust resistant means the dust will not be able to get INTO the phone's internals. With previous phones that had removable batteries, there are many ways dust could go into the space where the circuit boards are. Being dust resistant does not mean dust can't get stuck in the seams.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Dust resistant means the dust will not be able to get INTO the phone's internals. With previous phones that had removable batteries, there are many ways dust could go into the space where the circuit boards are. Being dust resistant does not mean dust can't get stuck in the seams.

OK thanks for the input. :)

Do you have a trick though?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Use a moist cloth. It is water resist. The moist cloth should attract the dust. Or if you don't want to try that unless as a last resort, try a good quality microfiber cloth.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Use a moist cloth. It is water resist. The moist cloth should attract the dust. Or if you don't want to try that unless as a last resort, try a good quality microfiber cloth.

Yeah I tried that too with a moist Q-Tip but that didn't help (which makes me think it's not salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463