Earpiece grill easy to scratch?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy S8 for 3 weeks now. It's been in a case since day one and pampered. But I noticed something on Saturday which I thought were bits of dust in the earpiece grill. I used gum tack to remove two of them but the third remained. Given its size I used a camera to take pictures and it seems it's chipped paint.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Even if it is overall minimal of course, it doesn't seem normal to me that paint would start chipping so easily after only 3 weeks of mild to moderate use with my level of carefullness.

This thread isn't to complain but rather to check if this has happened to anyone else. Did you get this kind of (minor I know) problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not with the S8, but I've had a Note 3 for 4 years, and not a mark. I don't think it's something common to Samsung or to S8s - this is the first time I've heard of it. Are you sure you didn't hit it with something small but sharp? (The "bits of dust" could have been flecks of paint that got chipped off that corner.)

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Not with the S8, but I've had a Note 3 for 4 years, and not a mark. I don't think it's something common to Samsung or to S8s - this is the first time I've heard of it. Are you sure you didn't hit it with something small but sharp? (The "bits of dust" could have been flecks of paint that got chipped off that corner.)

I'm pretty sure but of course we can never be 100% certain. But I've no recollection of the earpiece hitting anything (or the phone itself for that matter).

If it's not common I guess I'll have to keep it like that and hope it was an accident somewhere and not a defect. It's purely aestetic of course but given it's new it's a little heartbreaking.

I've used a Sharpie to reduce the black and white contrast... I wish I didn't now cause black sharpies aren't black ha ha. Oh well, at least the rest works perfectly well.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the not so black ink from my black sharpie came off...

After doing some research I see some people had a similar problem with the Black Onyx S7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol