Alright. So I have installed and uninstalled AFT several times. I have deleted smart switch off my computer and my phone. I have used different USB ports. I have used different cables. I have restarted my phone and computer several times. I have made sure USB debugging and MTP are on. Smart switch and my computer detect my phone but for some reason android file transfer keeps saying "cannot connect to device" "try restarting your computer and/or device". Also, my phone never gives me the pop up to click allow to transfer files. My phone keeps saying that android file transfer needs to be installed on the computer. But it's freaking on here. I don't know what else to do. Please tell me someone has a solution before I lose my mind.
    10-23-2017 03:15 PM
    If your wth a carrier deleting all it's boatware you can usually works, you can always reinstalling them if it's an app you use or if it doesn't work.
    10-24-2017 07:10 AM
    Alright. So I have installed and uninstalled AFT several times. I have deleted smart switch off my computer and my phone. I have used different USB ports. I have used different cables. I have restarted my phone and computer several times. I have made sure USB debugging and MTP are on. Smart switch and my computer detect my phone but for some reason android file transfer keeps saying "cannot connect to device" "try restarting your computer and/or device". Also, my phone never gives me the pop up to click allow to transfer files. My phone keeps saying that android file transfer needs to be installed on the computer. But it's freaking on here. I don't know what else to do. Please tell me someone has a solution before I lose my mind.
    Try these steps in order:

1. Try a different USB cable. If it works, then you had a bad cable.

2. Are you connecting directly to the computer, or are you connecting through a USB hub? If the latter, try connecting directly to the computer.

3. Try connecting to a different computer with AFT installed (if it's a Mac) and, if possible to a Windows PC as well. If it works on both of them, then you may have a corrupted install of AFT.

If it does not work on another Mac or Windows PC, then can try deleting the cache partition. As a LAST resort, back up what you can to Google Drive, if you are using a microSD card remove it and do a factory reset.

If it still doesn't work, you may have a hardware problem and may need to replace the phone.

I hope that makes sense.
    10-24-2017 04:58 PM
    If your wth a carrier deleting all it's boatware you can usually works, you can always reinstalling them if it's an app you use or if it doesn't work.
    Bloatware won't cause that kind of problem.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-24-2017 04:59 PM
    On other sites many have this same issue, I mentioned to a poster that some carriers use to stop you from tethering with their boatware they might still do I don't know for sure.

Anyways this guy posted later that he did deleted something off his S8 and could now get into files from his computer.

I'm unlocked with no carrier boatware and have always been able to connect when many haven't.

You make up your own mind.
    10-24-2017 10:23 PM
    Just stop using AFT. You can transfer files via Samsung SideSync. If SmartSwitch works, then that will work too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:49 PM
    Just stop using AFT. You can transfer files via Samsung SideSync. If SmartSwitch works, then that will work too.
    Brilliant. And what if you need to transfer many gigs of files? What's the point of paying good money for a fast phone with a fast USB port if you can't use it?
    07-28-2018 01:08 PM
    Brilliant. And what if you need to transfer many gigs of files? What's the point of paying good money for a fast phone with a fast USB port if you can't use it?
    Sidesync works over USB cable.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2018 07:50 PM