I Google'd and searched this forum and all threads about this topic are for other models and at least a year old so starting a new one.

This technology catches my interest due to how it protects the connectors but question if it will utilize the other aspects of USB-C. Anyway, anyone using this? Can you use this and still use your Wireless Charging station while it's in? Etc.
    10-23-2017 03:31 PM
    Just to be clear, it does not protect your connector because the pogo pins aren't 'native' to the S8... so you have to have a tiny dongle permanently attached to your connector (which can still wiggle and move and be removed and re-inserted) that has the pogo pins to be magnetically attached. Those, by the way, aren't waterproof and will rust away with water (unless stated otherwise).

As long as the dongle doesn't have a short in it or is poorly designed, the phone will only acknowledge it's charging through the port when a cable is attached, so yup, you can still use Wireless charging while the dongle is attached (as long as it's not charging). Depending on the dongle, however, you might lose QuickCharge capabilities as the added impedance might trip the charger protection and default to standard charging.
    10-23-2017 03:44 PM
    Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing I doubt there will be much damage if any as long as it's not dropped and abused.

Here is a reference to what I am mentioning.

10-24-2017 09:02 AM
    Yeah, that little dongle still goes into your phone, and it's not waterproof, so it will rust if you get it wet. It will put less stress on your port than constantly plugging, unplugging, yeah, but if you really want to avoid that, then a wireless charger is probably a better option.
    10-24-2017 11:09 AM
    It's a great compromise did a car that doesn't have wireless charging
    10-24-2017 01:51 PM
    I'm not entirely sure this is any more convenient or useful. If anything, I would rather just buy a Qi enabled phone mount. For $16 more, you can get an iOttie Qi enabled phone mount.

And like @SpookDroid said, having something plugged in for long periods of time could cause other problems down the road.

I depends on how often you plug your phone in to charge. Me, I only plug my S8+ in to charge usually no more than two times a day. If you are plugging and unplugging it more than five or six times a day, then I can see where this would be a convenience and reduce the wear and tear on the connector. However, I would recommend pulling it out every so often to allow the connector to get air, to keep moisture build-up from happening.
    10-24-2017 04:01 PM
    Good reviews! I just bought
    10-24-2017 05:36 PM