Can't send or receive MMS

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what is going on, but I'm having issues sending and receiving MMS. Regular texts are going through, but can't send or receive MMS.

I get an incoming MMS, the little circle spins, and it says "downloading" ... But nothing ever downloads - like it's timing out or something. Then eventually it just says "message not found". Frustrating.

Is this a carrier issue or a setting in my phone? I have a strong Wi-Fi signal, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm using the Samsung Messages app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 732.jpg
    732.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20171024_181655.jpg
    20171024_181655.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what is going on, but I'm having issues sending and receiving MMS. Regular texts are going through, but can't send or receive MMS.

I get an incoming MMS, the little circle spins, and it says "downloading" ... But nothing ever downloads - like it's timing out or something. Then eventually it just says "message not found". Frustrating.

Is this a carrier issue or a setting in my phone? I have a strong Wi-Fi signal, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm using the Samsung Messages app.

What network are you with? Also, check your advanced messaging settings in your messaging app. If it's on, I'd turn it off and see if you get mms. If it's off, turn it on and check. Also, a cache clear and restart might help.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

The last 24 hours on VZW I've been missing text messages. I also have an S7 and not having an issue but also do not receive as high a volume on there.

I also believe some of my alerts are from email and are to the VZW MMS address.

Definitely caught my attention. Not aware of sending issues.

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
What network are you with? Also, check your advanced messaging settings in your messaging app. If it's on, I'd turn it off and see if you get mms. If it's off, turn it on and check. Also, a cache clear and restart might help.

T-Mobile. What settings are you referring to specifically?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Were you ever able to send/receive mms? Is it the unlocked version? If it is, you may not have the correct APN settings for T-Mobile . If it's a carrier phone, have you tried touching base with support to see if there is anything they can do?

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
We're you ever able to send/receive mms? Is it the unlocked version? If it is, you may not have the correct apn settings for mms on whatever carrier you're using. Of its a carrier phone, have you tried touching base with support to see if there is anything they can do?

It's not unlocked, and no haven't reached out to anyone yet at T-Mobile or Samsung. Problem seems to be sporadic, but really frustrating.

Dfiore808

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
I had same issue sending MMS. Found on another thread to dial ##72786 # it activated hands-free and re serviced my phone. Issue fixed. I am on Sprint not sure if it works for every carrier. Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar