On my old phone I could see when the message was read by the receiver, I want to do that on my new phone but don't know how to set it up on my S8
    10-25-2017 02:46 PM
    On my old phone I could see when the message was read by the receiver, I want to do that on my new phone but don't know how to set it up on my S8
    Started using Verizon messages+ and there is a setting to do that. Not sure about other carrier apps but the Samsung message app doesn't have that as far as I could see.
    10-25-2017 10:52 PM
    I think you're referring to "Enhanced Messaging" (delivered & read receipts, seeing the other person typing).

I've come to the conclusion that Enhanced Messaging only works if the person you're texting with is on the same carrier.

I'm on T-Mobile and Enhanced Messaging definitely works when I text my friend who is also on T-Mobile. Both parties have to be using the native Samsung Messages app and have these features enabled in Settings.

I know Enhanced Messaging also works on Sprint. I'm almost certain it does NOT work on Verizon, as Verizon loves to force customers to use THEIR apps (part of the reason I ended up leaving Verizon).
    10-26-2017 02:24 AM
    Started using Verizon messages+ and there is a setting to do that. Not sure about other carrier apps but the Samsung message app doesn't have that as far as I could see.
    I believe Samsung messages has the option if the enhanced message option is on, but I think the other person must also use Samsung messaging for it to work.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-26-2017 06:25 AM