04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Well I don't know how I missed that! That doesn't directly address the issues I had but still may hold promise.

I also just recieved an update to Solid Explorer that fixed the app not recognizing the card. So progress is being made.
    Yeah, I couldn't remember if you had issues with pictures or other files. Here's hoping.
    badcat likes this.
    11-23-2017 05:18 PM
    Yeah, I couldn't remember if you had issues with pictures or other files. Here's hoping.
    My primary issue is that my apps can't find their home directories on the SD card after a reboot. The Solid Explorer issue seems fixed after the latest app update.

To clarify things what happens is I point Poweramp to my music in a directory on my SD card. Everything works. I reboot and now Poweramp can't see that directory unless I go into setting and point to it again. Everything works. Repeat.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-23-2017 06:32 PM
    My primary issue is that my apps can't find their home directories on the SD card after a reboot. The Solid Explorer issue seems fixed after the latest app update.
    I was gonna post an edit to my last post regarding the update to Solid Explorer that your mentioned and I just glossed over. Glad things are going well. I know many have had issues in the beta. Especially in the Samsung Members app in the beta forums. Things have been smooth on my end.
    badcat and mary beth hale like this.
    11-23-2017 06:39 PM
    The internal storage uses UFS 2.1 and scores 700MB/sec for reads. Nearly 10x what an SD card will do. Which is why usually encourage not putting apps on SD if can be avoided.

AndroBench is a benchmark that measures the storage performance of your Devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...da.androbench2
    badcat likes this.
    11-23-2017 11:50 PM
    I only store music and pix and podcasts on the SD card. No apps. Internal storage cannot accommodate my music collection (at over 70 GBs).
    11-24-2017 05:36 AM
    It appears that Solid Explorer needed an update to be compatible with Oreo. Pretty much what everyone expected. So far, so good. It seems to be working fine and saw my SD card straight away. I still need to try writing to the card which I will do shortly.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-24-2017 05:45 AM
    Ah. Just using it for data. And I take it that needs a mount point or hard link.

Something you can't do without help from Solid Explorer? Been a while since I last used it.
    11-24-2017 05:56 AM
    Ah. Just using it for data. And I take it that needs a mount point or hard link.

Something you can't do without help from Solid Explorer? Been a while since I last used it.
    Well until last night Solid Explorer wasn't even seeing the sd card. It was updated and now is Oreo compatible and is working properly. There are still some baked in issues with the Oreo beta but hopefully the next update will improve things.

It seems like the mount point is getting renamed at every reboot. Once things are straightened out, everything works fine until the next reboot.
    11-24-2017 06:07 AM
    Hoping for Beta 3 tomorrow
    pankaj981 and badcat like this.
    11-26-2017 07:23 PM
    Well until last night Solid Explorer wasn't even seeing the sd card. It was updated and now is Oreo compatible and is working properly. There are still some baked in issues with the Oreo beta but hopefully the next update will improve things.

It seems like the mount point is getting renamed at every reboot. Once things are straightened out, everything works fine until the next reboot.
    That's good news, for the most part. Glad for you.
    badcat likes this.
    11-26-2017 07:25 PM
    Looks like Samsung has rolled out an hotfix update for Beta 3 in the UK to iron out critical issues. That could be the reason it hasn't rolled out in the US yet?
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    11-27-2017 09:14 AM
    I hope so. I for one don't need any more issues! Seriously, let's hope they take the time to get things right. I can wait a bit longer. I don't want to, but I can.
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    11-27-2017 09:18 AM
    I hope so. I for one don't need any more issues! Seriously, let's hope they take the time to get things right. I can wait a bit longer. I don't want to, but I can.
    Good for you guys. Unfortunately I ran out of patience and rolled back to the last available August security build (seriously Samsung, what's the hold up for the November security patch?!!). Few things I'm really hoping from Samsung to enable before the stable Oreo build.

a) Project Treble (good for the ecosystem)
    b) Software based portrait mode (this has been rumoured)
    c) Vertical scrolling app list baked in the default launcher (wishful thinking lol)
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    11-27-2017 09:39 AM
    Agree. Can wait. Get it right, Samsung.
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    11-27-2017 09:59 AM
    c) Vertical scrolling app list baked in the default launcher (wishful thinking lol)
    Horizontal scrolling app drawer...so annoying! Really, how hard could it be to give an option for vertical???
    Not holding my breath though.
    Also give me the option for system wide dark theme. Please Samsung. It doesn't take much to make me happy.
    11-27-2017 10:13 PM
    Good for you guys. Unfortunately I ran out of patience and rolled back to the last available August security build
    Are you out for good re: Beta?
    11-27-2017 10:14 PM
    I did a factory reset after b2. Then clean I install without any restore. Si it should be 100% stock.

To my dismay I found in Gmail and Sammy Internet:
    Setting > Apps > Gmail
    Section Advanced options
    Install from Unknown Sources - Enable.
    By default.
    Turned it off. My word. Phishing email is bad enough.

Anyone else seen this?
    Attached Thumbnails Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.-screenshot_20171127-171438.jpg  
    11-28-2017 03:49 AM
    a) Project Treble - looks like P(ie) 9.0 for full Treble support

b) Desktop that auto rotates to landscape. My Mate 9 had this

c) Vertical scrolling app list - Microsoft Launcher - no longer in beta it appears.

d) S9 6GB RAM and 8GB for Note 9. Move to 64-bit only OS.
    11-28-2017 04:22 AM
    Are you out for good re: Beta?
    That really depends. If Samsung improves the battery consumption in the next version then I might join, provided they still let me enroll again 😁
    11-28-2017 06:27 AM
    I did a factory reset after b2. Then clean I install without any restore. Si it should be 100% stock.

Setting > Apps > Gmail
    Section Advanced options
    By default.

Anyone else seen this?
    I just checked that out on my unlocked S8 and found that in GMail it was not allowed but was allowed in Samsung Internet. I agree, not cool.
    11-28-2017 08:07 AM
    That really depends. If Samsung improves the battery consumption in the next version then I might join, provided they still let me enroll again
    Yeah my battery life has gone downhill somewhat in the beta. It's not truly awful but not as good as it was in Nougat.
    11-28-2017 08:09 AM
    Yeah my battery life has gone downhill somewhat in the beta. It's not truly awful but not as good as it was in Nougat.
    Keep in mind betas include additional services to assist Samsung in debugging. Those services will be removed in final beta when they're ready to close out the public beta program.
    gendo667 and Rufinoman like this.
    11-28-2017 12:03 PM
    Looks like Samsung has rolled out an hotfix update for Beta 3 in the UK to iron out critical issues. That could be the reason it hasn't rolled out in the US yet?
    And, that US uses Snapdragon with Qualcomm radio. Samsung engineers deal with different issues after compiling to different hardware.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-28-2017 12:08 PM

Setting > Apps > Gmail
    Section Advanced options
    By default.

Anyone else seen this?
    Thanks Gayle. Had no idea this was enabled for my Samsung Internet and My Files. Don't use Gmail.
    This was also after factory reset without restore, Beta 2.
    badcat likes this.
    11-28-2017 01:25 PM
    Thanks Gayle. Had no idea this was enabled for my Samsung Internet and My Files. Don't use Gmail.
    This was also after factory reset without restore, Beta 2.
    I've discovered that going into apps>tapping the three dots>special access>Install unknown apps shows a list of apps that can use that permission. In my case it showed Chrome, Drive, GMail, My Files and Samsung Internet which all show not allowed after I turned the three that were enabled off.

I would prefer a global setting like there is on non-Samsung phones.
    11-28-2017 03:08 PM
774 ... 1213141516 ...