04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Just got notice for Beta 3. Charging phone then will download.
    gendo667, pankaj981 and badcat like this.
    11-28-2017 07:58 PM
    Maybe a placebo effect but phone seems very fast and smooth.
    On Beta 2 had a problem when I rebooted phone, it would show a "no sim" icon and couldn't connect to network until I made a call... Usually just called VM. That is fixed.
    Battery has been mediocre so we'll see what happens with that in the next few days.
    Had one problem immediately after download when opening the Members app>lockup with black screen. Reboot fixed that and hasn't happened again.
    Didn't have the camera issues or the sd card issues so can't comment on that.
    Someone in Members app reported not being able to reopen an app they had put to sleep in device manager (problem they had to issue a hot fix for in the UK) but I haven't tried to do that. Not going to tempt fate. We'll see what happens when the DM puts one of my apps to sleep.
    pankaj981 and badcat like this.
    11-28-2017 11:55 PM
    I'll try downloading it a bit later this morning and report back.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-29-2017 06:12 AM
    so there is definite improvement. some apps that were locking up before seem to be working better.

was able to open the camera from the lockscreen, but when trying to open the camera from the icon i got the black screen once again.

iris scanner is still not working on some occasions when hitting the home button.

bluetooth still goes in and out in my car on calls.

so while it's better, it's still wonky.
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    11-29-2017 08:43 AM
    Well just got it installed. Wiped the cache partition and rebooted. All seems well and it appears that the sd card issue is fixed. Poweramp found my music files after the reboot and the music folders were still correctly selected. Here's hoping... Otherwise seems quick and smooth as mary beth hale mentioned.

We're getting there.
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    11-29-2017 09:10 AM
    Phone didn't explode overnight, so that's a plus. :-)
    Seriously, things are still good this morning.
    Will see if my battery life improves.
    badcat and gendo667 like this.
    11-29-2017 09:22 AM
    Yup. That would be the last piece of the puzzle for me now that the sd card issues seem sorted out. I haven't tried Nine yet. I have a suspicion that the problem with Nine will require an app update.

So far, so good!
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    11-29-2017 10:08 AM
    Yeah no real problems. Seems a little faster/smoother. The Play Store and other apps seem to load quicker. Battery may drain a little faster, but it's hard to say. I've been on my phone a lot this morning.
    11-29-2017 10:11 AM
    Yeah no real problems. Seems a little faster/smoother. The Play Store and other apps seem to load quicker. Battery may drain a little faster, but it's had to say. I've been on my phone all lot this morning.
    Yeah, giving the battery a few days. Hard to tell now since I'm messing with it more than usual.
    11-29-2017 10:13 AM
    was able to open the camera from the lockscreen, but when trying to open the camera from the icon i got the black screen once again.
    iris scanner is still not working on some occasions when hitting the home button.
    I disabled Iris after Beta 1 because it was so inconsistent. I think that's why I don't have any camera issues. Iris/camera issues seem to be connected from what I've read on Members app.
    Off work today and tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time to discover any issues.
    Hopefully won't find any.
    11-29-2017 10:45 AM
    The apps list with the ability to install from "unknown sources" has grown by one. Samsung Email is now in the list and it has the permission granted by default.
    11-29-2017 11:19 AM
    I disabled Iris after Beta 1 because it was so inconsistent. I think that's why I don't have any camera issues. Iris/camera issues seem to be connected from what I've read on Members app.
    Off work today and tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time to discover any issues.
    Hey, we have the same off days. Sitting at home, draining the battery on our phones!
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    11-29-2017 11:27 AM
    Yep disabling iris scanning had fixed my camera blacking issues.

It's good to know that Samsung is ironing out issues quickly. Hopefully we'll see some new features soon. Some sort of software emulated portrait mode and Project Treble integration is what I'm really hoping Samsung would implement.

On a side note, The US unlocked variant received the November security patch today...at least we all got some sort of update goodies.
    11-29-2017 11:30 AM
    Got out of bed around 7:00/7:30 at 91% battery. I'm at 63% battery with 2 hours 13 minutes SOT. I'm thinking the battery drain is just me.
    11-29-2017 12:11 PM
    FP and Iris for me were iffy and the noted system slowness to respond after using each.

At this rate, I actually hope they push the beta down the road at least two more months - up close to S9 release. S9 will need Oreo and that means all the changes under the hood to make Project Treble work.

( I type S9, it gets changed to SO, and I correct it, try to teach Gboard to learn a new word, and when I look back it's changed again. Can't teach this dog a trick at all!?)
    11-29-2017 12:14 PM
    On a side note, The US unlocked variant received the November security patch today...at least we all got some sort of update goodies.
    The Tmo beta build also received the November patch. My wife's S8 (not in the beta) is still on the October patch.
    11-29-2017 12:16 PM
    The apps list with the ability to install from "unknown sources" has grown by one. Samsung Email is now in the list and it has the permission granted by default.
    I saw that too. WTH?
    badcat likes this.
    11-29-2017 12:18 PM
    Hey, we have the same off days. Sitting at home, draining the battery on our phones!
    That's exactly what I'm doing! So funny
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-29-2017 12:32 PM
    ( I type S9, it gets changed to SO, and I correct it, try to teach Gboard to learn a new word, and when I look back it's changed again. Can't teach this dog a trick at all!?)
    There is a poster on Members app that does the same thing ...LOL, is that you?
    11-29-2017 12:34 PM
    Yep disabling iris scanning had fixed my camera blacking issues.

It's good to know that Samsung is ironing out issues quickly. Hopefully we'll see some new features soon. Some sort of software emulated portrait mode and Project Treble integration is what I'm really hoping Samsung would implement.

So you jumped back on board Beta. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing.
    I too would love to see portrait mode and enabling Treble.
    11-29-2017 12:41 PM
    I'm having frequent locking of apps again. Started out nice but it's reverting back to some of the same issues in beta 2.
    11-29-2017 12:59 PM
    Then complaining about battery life!
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-29-2017 02:06 PM
    Na. Pretty sure it's me. I'll have a better feel on Friday after a day at work. I know where I'm supposed to be after 8 hours on the clock, regarding battery.
    badcat likes this.
    11-29-2017 02:08 PM
    I'm just kidding. I know what you mean. I'm doing the same thing. I don't put the thing down and then wonder why the battery is draining!
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-29-2017 02:12 PM
    So you jumped back on board Beta. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing.
    I too would love to see portrait mode and enabling Treble.
    Nope still don't have the guts (or patience) to sign up for the beta. Actually I did try one but I can't find the enrollment option in the Samsung+ app. I guess they closed it or all the seats got taken.
    badcat likes this.
    11-29-2017 02:15 PM
774 ... 1314151617 ...