Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 possibly launching October 31.

Hmmm, interesting. I might get to try it out on my unlocked S8. Although that usually gets the update last for some reason.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

I can't download the Samsung Members app... I guess it's not available for carrier branded S8/S8+ devices.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I think it's only sprint and t-mobile this year which sucks. I'm on Verizon.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't download the Samsung Members app... I guess it's not available for carrier branded S8/S8+ devices.

Mine is an unlocked S8 and can't get the members app from the link... Says incompatible. I did download Samsung + app, since the article says that's what is used for phones in North America. Guess we'll see tomorrow if it works.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

From what I've read it will only be available for T-Mo, Sprint and unlocked phones. No idea why they would lock out AT&T or Verizon.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Not "bothered" but I've always been a sucker for beta testing. I think it comes from being a part of the Microsoft Insider program for so long.

Yeah. It would be cool to be a beta tester. For those of you who get the chance...test the HECK out of it!

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

From what I've read it will only be available for T-Mo, Sprint and unlocked phones. No idea why they would lock out AT&T or Verizon.

TMobile and Sprint are international carriers, while Verizon and AT&T aren't, is my guess at least.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

TMobile and Sprint are international carriers, while Verizon and AT&T aren't, is my guess at least.

That is not true. If that was the case, then I wouldn't be able to use my Verizon phone while I was in Okinawa a couple weeks ago.

Like another poster said in a similar thread, Verizon and AT&T customers were beta testing Nougat last year. It seems that Samsung alternates.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

That's incorrect.

That is not true. If that was the case, then I wouldn't be able to use my Verizon phone while I was in Okinawa a couple weeks ago.

Like another poster said in a similar thread, Verizon and AT&T customers were beta testing Nougat last year. It seems that Samsung alternates.

AT&T didn't have the beta last year. It was T-mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. Verizon dipped out mid beta though. So not surprising that they won't participate in it this year.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Last year, I had two S7 Edge phones so I ran the beta on one. The beta ended up running so good after a few updates that I wished I would have been able to update the other to the beta but the registration had ended.

I have an US unlocked S8+. I'll probably run the beta on it since I also have a Note 8. I hope they allow the beta again this year!

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

That's incorrect.

AT&T didn't have the beta last year. It was T-mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. Verizon dipped out mid beta though. So not surprising that they won't participate in it this year.

Yes, I remember being disappointed since I was on AT&T at the time.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked, Sprint & T-Mobile only.

Just got an update for the
Samsung + app. Maybe a precursor to something for tomorrow?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

is the unlocked rom also in the beta or I have to revert back to TMobile?

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site

Just had notification in the Samsung members app in the UK that oreo beta applications are now open. I've registered. Let's see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar