04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Where can I find that??
    I assume you had those double beeps when it happens?

SwiftKey has a touch of humor - put happy instead of happens 😁
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-01-2017 10:59 PM
    Yes had the vibrations prior to each reboot. Happened again about 5 minutes ago. First 2 times phone was not being used. 3rd time, Yahoo was trying to text me a verification code to sign into something.
    If you're asking where I saw which apps crashed... Device maintenance >tap the icon that looks like a piece of paper top right.
    12-01-2017 11:04 PM
    Galaxy apps crashed again when I started the phone. It keeps wanting to update but it seems like the update doesn't stick across a reboot. I agree that beta 3 seems a bit flakier than the last two were.
    I disabled automatic updates in Galaxy Apps. Maybe that will help these reboots I'm having. Can't hurt.
    badcat likes this.
    12-02-2017 12:25 AM
    Galaxy Apps may be my issue as well. After reading your post I looked again at app crashes... Samsung Pay was there along with System UI.
    Went into Galaxy apps and it had been trying to update Samsung Pay.
    This morning when I booted the Galaxy Apps showed a notification very briefly then the notification disappeared. But it didn't crash so I'm thinking it's update completed.

Less flakey this morning so maybe Galaxy Apps was introducing some instability.

I looked up what apps have crashed and I only see Galaxy Apps and KeePass. KeePass gave me fits one day but has been ok since.

Oh the trials and tribulations of the beta world...
    12-02-2017 08:54 AM
    Nothing bad this morning. Hopefully it doesn't misbehave when I get to work. It was a PITA yesterday at work.
    Yeah,beta world... Interesting indeed. Just when you think it's tamed, it throws a curve ball.
    badcat likes this.
    12-02-2017 09:21 AM
    Also noticed something about Galaxy Apps. In settings, I can set to no automatic updates. If I go to "about", automatic updates only lists Wi-Fi only or anytime. So I guess it just bypasses my choice of no automatic updates?
    badcat likes this.
    12-02-2017 09:26 AM
    Also noticed something about Galaxy Apps. In settings, I can set to no automatic updates. If I go to "about", automatic updates only lists Wi-Fi only or anytime. So I guess it just bypasses my choice of no automatic updates?
    Same thing on mine. I'm not sure about that. I guess we'll have to see if it auto updates or not.
    12-02-2017 10:11 AM
    Seems to be a common habit. So many settings and where to hide them. Doesn't look as thought out integrated as it could.

I assume Galaxy is using: if auto update is enabled, then...
    Really does not belong hidden in About, as an afterthought.

Found this in Other Security Settings > Notifications Access
    Attached Thumbnails Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.-screenshot_20171202-055226.jpg   Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.-screenshot_20171202-055301.jpg  
    12-02-2017 11:18 AM
    In Members App some people are posting that Smart Switch fails when trying to rollback to 7.0. Something about the bootloader changing.
    Used it successfully after issues with 2 but haven't tried it with 3.
    Has anyone tried it and had issues with it failing?
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-03-2017 09:58 PM
    so i am not sure why i am having so much trouble, as others appear to have seen their phones get back to decent shape after beta 3, but mine is pretty awful.

phone calls come in and sometimes i can answer, other times i can't, and other times i can answer but it continues to buzz incessantly in my ear during the call.

the camera is very hit and miss on opening. no matter if it is from the lock screen or the home screen.

apps are still hit and miss on whether they open, function, or freeze up.

i can't even downgrade because my phone is apparently unregistered with samsung + and whether i do it via wifi or manually it doesn't work.

while i know it is a beta, and some bugs are to be expected, i'm not sure why the bugs that were specifically addressed in the new beta seem to still be so prevalent. i did the beta for nougat and i didn't have even a quarter of the problems i do this go round.

anyone else still having all of the problems? or did anyone find a resolution?

thx
    12-04-2017 01:22 PM
    so i am not sure why i am having so much trouble, as others appear to have seen their phones get back to decent shape after beta 3, but mine is pretty awful.

phone calls come in and sometimes i can answer, other times i can't, and other times i can answer but it continues to buzz incessantly in my ear during the call.

the camera is very hit and miss on opening. no matter if it is from the lock screen or the home screen.

apps are still hit and miss on whether they open, function, or freeze up.

i can't even downgrade because my phone is apparently unregistered with samsung + and whether i do it via wifi or manually it doesn't work.

while i know it is a beta, and some bugs are to be expected, i'm not sure why the bugs that were specifically addressed in the new beta seem to still be so prevalent. i did the beta for nougat and i didn't have even a quarter of the problems i do this go round.

anyone else still having all of the problems? or did anyone find a resolution?

thx
    Have you tried backing up and a factory reset? I did in beta 1. I'm having a pretty smooth experience.
    12-04-2017 01:25 PM
    +1

I factory reset after be and because b3 didn't cure the Settings app caught in a loop closing and quitting did a reset again after be and have not restored anything.

Totally fine sailing like new, but did take a 10 hour day to setup.

And the Mac download of Smart Sync is fu as can't mount and install application. So it's out of commission.
    There is an Android File Transfer but the two don't play nice. And it may not support Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2.
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-04-2017 01:33 PM
    I haven't done a full reset. In part because others have told me that they're still having the same issues as me after fully resetting. And the time it takes to do it has kept me from taking that chance that it will be for nothing.
    12-04-2017 06:24 PM
    I haven't done a full reset. In part because others have told me that they're still having the same issues as me after fully resetting. And the time it takes to do it has kept me from taking that chance that it will be for nothing.
    I did a reset after Beta 1 and it didn't really fix my problems either but at that time the only real issue I had was the sd card thing. That was addressed in Beta 3 and while I saw a bit of instability right after I updated, it's since calmed down noticeably.

I also used Smart Switch to back up and restore and it worked quite nicely. As long as you're going Oreo to Oreo anyway. It doesn't seem to support Oreo back to Nougat as some posters have noted.
    mary beth hale and gendo667 like this.
    12-05-2017 06:42 AM
    I am trying to get back control of my S8+ after beginning to install Vimeo was taking way too long so I cancelled from Notifications. After thatI could not unlock or login, power off restart, not for a couple minutes.

Never until now have I ever encountered what really seems like installing an app from GPS that trashed and hacked a system. Putting in directories that don't belong.

Finger print was just set up again yesterday for first time since b3.

Im on a blue screen with downward arrow and Do Not urn Off Target
    after selecting to reboot to boot loader (I think)

Similar to this:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ff-target.html

Good Tips that are Helpful -

Boot S8 Recovery Mode
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...-mode-0177223/

S8 Troubleshooting:
    https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-gala...roubleshooting

Samsung Galaxy S8 that gets stuck on the logo during boot up
    https://thedroidguy.com/2017/05/fix-...-guide-1072476

Galaxy S7 won’t boot up, only restarts to Download mode, won’t connect to mobile network, other issues
    https://thedroidguy.com/2017/06/gala...issues-1073685
    12-05-2017 07:59 AM
    downloaded Smart Switch for the PC. it says something about an update being available for my phone when i connect. any idea what that update is?
    12-05-2017 11:15 AM
    The 'update' is to take you back to the official build of 7.0.
    12-05-2017 11:19 AM
    that's the impression i was getting, wanted to confirm. thanks.

so basically i just ignore that, backup, wipe the phone, restore, once i'm ready to attempt? haven't used this before. hoping it will save some time if i decide to wipe.
    12-05-2017 11:23 AM
    It saved me a ton of time. I was wary of it at first but it worked well. I didn't abandon my traditional back up procedure though. I backed up pix, docs and sms like I usually did. Before you wipe the phone browse through the backup. On my PC everything in the backup directory was useable as is. I could open and view docs and pictures. If that is true then at least you won't lose anything. It will all be in the backup file. Also check the backup settings and make certain everything you want backed up is selected.
    12-05-2017 12:45 PM
    bit the bullet and went for the full wipe. will see how it goes. thanks for the assist.
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    12-05-2017 03:26 PM
    No problem. Hope it works out for you!
    12-05-2017 04:36 PM
    bit the bullet and went for the full wipe. will see how it goes. thanks for the assist.
    Part of doing a full wipe when troubleshooting is being extra careful, methodical installing anything and not restoring.

Can there be multiple backup sets so you make a new and avoid potentially introducing a problem you had before.
    12-05-2017 04:42 PM
    I suppose you could do that with Smart Switch by changing what and how much you back up then keep incrementing the amount you back up. For me reinstlling apps takes the most time. Then it's setting up email accounts and restoring the sms database.
    12-05-2017 06:52 PM
    How's it going after the reset?
    badcat likes this.
    12-05-2017 07:46 PM
    So it was going better. Seemed smoother and less buggy.

Then I noticed that my main Gmail account is not syncing all contacts while my other account is. Can't seem to find a fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Only other noticeable issue is Facebook doesn't seem to work well. Doesn't open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.
    badcat likes this.
    12-06-2017 06:45 AM
774 ... 1516171819 ...