Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So after wiping the phone, twice actually, and giving it time, beta 3 is still godawful and not ready for prime time. Camera still fails to open often, apps freeze, phone does some random reboots, and other random things happening that are frustrating.

Here's hoping there's a good fix coming soon.

I was having only one or 2 minor issues with 3. It was actually quite acceptable. I was off work sick one day last week and bored, so I rolled back to 7.0 with Smart Switch. As long as you don't deregister in Members app, the Beta 3 will be waiting for you when you check for updates after rolling back. After I rolled back to 7.0 then re-downloaded Beta 3 (doing a clean install) it has been smooth sailing. Maybe that would help you, though it takes some time.
Or you could just wait. Beta 4 will probably hit this week.

Last edited:

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting the "you're not registered" thing in the members app.

Gonna try and just roll with it at the moment. I def hope there's something this or next week.

The last beta for Nougat was far less troublesome.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting the "you're not registered" thing in the members app.

Gonna try and just roll with it at the moment. I def hope there's something this or next week.

The last beta for Nougat was far less troublesome.

For me, the 2 was more problematic. 3 has been almost boringly stable :)

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, the 2 was more problematic. 3 has been almost boringly stable :)

I agree. I still see, for lack of a better term, weirdness though. Email app keeps telling me there is an update but there isn't. And some Samsung apps don't adhere to the theme applied from the Samsung Theme store. Overall though, not bad.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I still see, for lack of a better term, weirdness though. Email app keeps telling me there is an update but there isn't. And some Samsung apps don't adhere to the theme applied from the Samsung Theme store. Overall though, not bad.

Same here with the email weirdness and lack of theme consistency.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Same here with the email weirdness and lack of theme consistency.
I pestered the team on beta feedback about phantom update notifications.

Think I got as feedback on it. I haven't seen that issue since I reset the system so I'd know even a vanilla out of the box build was the culprit. Too many variables. But not enough and doesn't help either.

That is and was an i issue with testing in the past. Only those selected pre-public beta all p practiced best behavior that di dnt turn up bugs that might arise. And it showed.

If only Developers do the testing, you ended up with a public beta when it shipped anyway. And six months before it was ready for prime time.

Google Oreo 8.0/8.1 Seems like they are tripping over their shoelaces at times with Pixel 2 models. Trying to control hardware and software a la Apple?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-12-12-06-19-18.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-12-12-06-19-18.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 33

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Beta 3

After charging my phone, I reboot, clear cache, close all apps. I don't like doing this normally but my battery does not drain as much.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Beta 3

After charging my phone, I reboot, clear cache, close all apps. I don't like doing this normally but my battery does not drain as much.

Are you saying you do this every time you charge your phone? I wipe the cache partition once after I update. I also do it occasionally if I feel like the phone needs it.

You shouldn't need to do this every time you charge.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
On the Beta 3 I do it. Otherwise, battery life sucks.

I never do this on any phone. It's the only way for me to get better battery life. Otherwise, it's a constant drain.

Trust me, I don't like doing it but for the Beta, it helps battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol