04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    How's everyone's video recording working? I tried to record a video today and it was unusable. Lot's of stuttering even on 4k/1080 30fps/60fps. I'm on the last Oreo beta update on an unlocked Snapdragon variant. A restart didn't solve the issue. I also tried switching from internal storage to my U3 Samsung microsd card, same results.
    02-25-2018 06:49 PM
    How's everyone's video recording working? I tried to record a video today and it was unusable. Lot's of stuttering even on 4k/1080 30fps/60fps. I'm on the last Oreo beta update on an unlocked Snapdragon variant. A restart didn't solve the issue. I also tried switching from internal storage to my U3 Samsung microsd card, same results.
    Sorry. That really sucks. No issues here.
    02-25-2018 06:52 PM
    Sorry. That really sucks. No issues here.
    Yeah it sure does. Even wiping cache didn't help. I'm just waiting for Samsung to push the final build before I download + hard reset.

I'm just hoping Samsung won't hold the update until the S9 starts shipping mid March
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    02-25-2018 07:01 PM
    I've gone to the 8 Plus for the larger screen but when I had my S8 on the beta, I did notice some stuttering in video. Wasn't as bad as yours sounds though. As previously said, that sucks.
    I too am hoping for the final Oreo release sooner than later.
    badcat likes this.
    02-26-2018 07:55 AM
    No issues and I did 5 separate songs/videos for my son's elementary school chorus concert and no stuttering. Used default settings on all videos.

My S8+ is on the latest Oreo Beta build/T-Mobile version
    badcat likes this.
    02-26-2018 11:55 AM
    No issues and I did 5 separate songs/videos for my son's elementary school chorus concert and no stuttering. Used default settings on all videos.

My S8+ is on the latest Oreo Beta build/T-Mobile version
    Actually the final version for the T-Mobile variant has leaked through Samsung firmware. I'm holding flashing it since I'm on unlocked. I might actually flash back to stock because I have a vacation coming soon and I need the video recording to be functional. Come on Samsung...bring on the updates!!!
    badcat likes this.
    02-26-2018 05:15 PM
    Actually the final version for the T-Mobile variant has leaked through Samsung firmware. I'm holding flashing it since I'm on unlocked. I might actually flash back to stock because I have a vacation coming soon and I need the video recording to be functional. Come on Samsung...bring on the updates!!!
    How do I get this is the beta
    02-26-2018 10:52 PM
    How do I get this is the beta
    You'll have to check xda for that. It's a lot of jumping through hoops to get the latest CRA build. I would rather wait than rely on a so called unstable build.
    badcat likes this.
    02-27-2018 12:21 PM
    You'll have to check xda for that. It's a lot of jumping through hoops to get the latest CRA build. I would rather wait than rely on a so called unstable build.
    Agree. Even though I currently have an S8+ non beta, previously had the S8 on Oreo Beta. The improvements are not ground breaking enough to flash. Wait for the official release.
    badcat likes this.
    02-27-2018 08:17 PM
    Have a great vacation!
    pankaj981 and badcat like this.
    02-27-2018 08:18 PM
    Have a great vacation!
    Thanks!

I finally flashed back to Nougat. Having used both the Oreo beta and Nougat now, I'm literally seeing no reason to wait for the final Oreo release. Nougat is smooth and bug free and battery life is back to decent (I'm a heavy user) and best of all, my video recording works without issues. The only thing I've noticed is the workaround to enable VoLTE on Sprint on the unlocked models doesn't work anymore but I can live with it until the stable version releases.
    badcat likes this.
    02-28-2018 07:00 AM
    I enjoyed being part of the Oreo Beta program on my S8. Since getting the S8+, non-beta, the only things I miss are unlocking with OK Google from AOD/screen off, not having to tap "ok" when entering pin code, and long press icons for more actions. Battery on this S8+ is fantastic but I suspect I would be seeing a hit if still on Oreo beta. Anyway, despite looking forward to official Oreo, 7.0 is working fine for now. Still on December security patch, though. :-(
    Having said this... Come on Samsung, release it to my US unlocked!
    badcat likes this.
    02-28-2018 02:21 PM
    I enjoyed being part of the Oreo Beta program on my S8. Since getting the S8+, non-beta, the only things I miss are unlocking with OK Google from AOD/screen off, not having to tap "ok" when entering pin code, and long press icons for more actions. Battery on this S8+ is fantastic but I suspect I would be seeing a hit if still on Oreo beta. Anyway, despite looking forward to official Oreo, 7.0 is working fine for now. Still on December security patch, though. :-(
    Having said this... Come on Samsung, release it to my US unlocked!
    Since I'm in the same boat as you (unlocked S8+ on Nougat) I have agree with everything you wrote. I find I'm not actually missing much at all. Battery life is crazy good and the phone just works really well. I find I want the security updates more than I want the OS update. I hope Samsung gets back to issuing timely updates again once they get Oreo rolled out.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-28-2018 03:14 PM
    Since I'm in the same boat as you (unlocked S8+ on Nougat) I have agree with everything you wrote. I find I'm not actually missing much at all. Battery life is crazy good and the phone just works really well. I find I want the security updates more than I want the OS update. I hope Samsung gets back to issuing timely updates again once they get Oreo rolled out.
    The security updates have certainly stalled. Hopefully after the S9/S9+ hoopla, we will be up to date. Like you, I want the Oreo update, but think this is not a priority with Samsung during the S9/+ release. It's sad I'm on December patch, though. BTW... Not an ounce of regret in getting the S8+. Love it.
    badcat and pankaj981 like this.
    02-28-2018 05:01 PM
    The security updates have certainly stalled. Hopefully after the S9/S9+ hoopla, we will be up to date. Like you, I want the Oreo update, but think this is not a priority with Samsung during the S9/+ release. It's sad I'm on December patch, though. BTW... Not an ounce of regret in getting the S8+. Love it.
    Yeah I am very happy with mine as well. No regrets here either.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-28-2018 06:26 PM
    According to the Members Forum, the rollout on Verizon has begun.
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    03-15-2018 06:57 PM
    According to the Members Forum, the rollout on Verizon has begun.
    That's great. Maybe 2-4 weeks for my unlocked then. Good news. Thanks for sharing that.
    gendo667, badcat and pankaj981 like this.
    03-15-2018 07:01 PM
    That's great. Maybe 2-4 weeks for my unlocked then. Good news. Thanks for sharing that.
    Ideally they wait until Verizon signs off on the testing before rolling it out widely. Could be because of CDMA. Hopefully it'll be sooner than 2-4 weeks.
    badcat and mary beth hale like this.
    03-16-2018 04:49 AM
    Ideally they wait until Verizon signs off on the testing before rolling it out widely. Could be because of CDMA. Hopefully it'll be sooner than 2-4 weeks.
    Trying to keep my expectations low. :-)
    badcat, gendo667 and pankaj981 like this.
    03-16-2018 08:02 AM
    Trying to keep my expectations low. :-)
    Me too! It's just better that way...
    03-16-2018 08:20 AM
    Doesn't seem like beta members got first dibs.
    gendo667 likes this.
    03-16-2018 12:02 PM
    Doesn't seem like beta members got first dibs. 😏
    Yeah I was a bit surprised.
    badcat and gendo667 like this.
    03-16-2018 01:12 PM
    Yeah I was a bit surprised.
    And Verizon wasn't even in the beta program. I'm not all up in arms like some of the kids in the Members Forum. Just kinda surprised. Thankfully beta 7 is pretty rock solid for me.
    badcat and mary beth hale like this.
    03-16-2018 01:18 PM
    And Verizon wasn't even in the beta program. I'm not all up in arms like some of the kids in the Members Forum. Just kinda surprised. Thankfully beta 7 is pretty rock solid for me.
    Yeah coventional wisdom would have seen T-Mo and unlocked beta members first in line. At least it's finally rolling out.
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    03-16-2018 01:45 PM
    TMobile has pushed the Oreo update to the masses! Or the beta group. Either way, yeah!
    badcat likes this.
    03-17-2018 04:32 AM
774 ... 2627282930 ...