04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Two annoying things of the gate (S8+ on Sprint): #1 : Persistent notification of Mobile Installer (I gather this is Sprint's updater of some sort) and accompanying background app notification. #2 Notification that SD card is installed on each reboot. Why?
    11-02-2017 06:30 PM
    Two annoying things of the gate (S8+ on Sprint): #1 : Persistent notification of Mobile Installer (I gather this is Sprint's updater of some sort) and accompanying background app notification. #2 Notification that SD card is installed on each reboot. Why?
    I noticed that for a second when I updated. Did u try pressing the notification? When I did it the notice popped up saying thanks for installing and then went away.
    11-02-2017 06:39 PM
    Mobile installer notification does nothing when I press it. Notification telling me that Mobile Installer is running in the background just takes me to the app settings page where I can force stop, etc. SD Card notification can be swiped away. When pressed, it just takes you to the SD card to see the files.

I can get rid of the notifications by force stopping Mobile Installer and swiping away the SD card notification. But when I reboot, they are back. Makes me think they are trying to do something, but I don't know what.
    11-02-2017 06:49 PM
    Keep getting this everytime I go to messages.Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.-acc-1-doc-733.jpg
    11-02-2017 07:38 PM
    Kind of weird that it only has September security patch.
    badcat likes this.
    11-02-2017 08:10 PM
    I am noticing since hiccups while multitasking. Just some choppy transitions. Really the only thing I've notice.
    11-02-2017 08:52 PM
    Any noticeable battery dip? I really wanna go for the update but I'm afraid my battery is gonna take a hit and I'm guessing there's no way to revert back to 7.0 right?
    11-03-2017 12:13 AM
    Any noticeable battery dip? I really wanna go for the update but I'm afraid my battery is gonna take a hit and I'm guessing there's no way to revert back to 7.0 right?
    So far no dip in battery performance, but it's possible we might see it when they start sending out updates with fixes. I remember a back and forth of battery performance during various updates with the S7 during the M to N beta.
    11-03-2017 12:38 AM
    Mobile installer notification does nothing when I press it. Notification telling me that Mobile Installer is running in the background just takes me to the app settings page where I can force stop, etc. SD Card notification can be swiped away. When pressed, it just takes you to the SD card to see the files.

I can get rid of the notifications by force stopping Mobile Installer and swiping away the SD card notification. But when I reboot, they are back. Makes me think they are trying to do something, but I don't know what.
    Figured out the Mobile Installer. I don't use Sprint voicemail and it was stuck trying to update something, I guess. Force stopped, cleared data and the mobile installer went away.
    11-03-2017 01:22 AM
    I opened Samsung+ on my US unlocked S8+ and there is no beta offer and on my T-Mobile Note 8, there is no beta offer to enroll there either.
    11-03-2017 01:47 AM
    So I enrolled for the beta program but have not yet gotten the update download notification. Is there any way to UNenroll from the beta program?

I've read about enough bugs that some people are experiencing that I don't want to risk it. My phone operating correctly is too important for my job! I don't want to look at the "update ready to install" icon in my notification bar for the next 2 or 3 months until the final release comes out, or install it by accident one day.
    justnivek likes this.
    11-03-2017 04:30 AM
    So I enrolled for the beta program but have not yet gotten the update download notification. Is there any way to UNenroll from the beta program?

I've read about enough bugs that some people are experiencing that I don't want to risk it. My phone operating correctly is too important for my job! I don't want to look at the "update ready to install" icon in my notification bar for the next 2 or 3 months until the final release comes out, or install it by accident one day.
    Yeah. Just open Samsung Plus, tap the menu icon in the upper left hand corner and select Galaxy Beta Program. There will be an option to unenroll unsubscribe.
    11-03-2017 04:52 AM
    Yeah. Just open Samsung Plus, tap the menu icon in the upper left hand corner and select Galaxy Beta Program. There will be an option to unenroll.
    Thanks for the tip, but when I tap on the Galaxy Beta Program it doesn't do anything. Maybe because it already started downloading the update and I paused it mid download? I'll let it finish downloading and try that again.

I'm such a dummy. I like new things but should have resisted the temptation to try the beta. Now I might be stuck looking at that install notification for a while. Urrrgh!
    11-03-2017 05:09 AM
    Have a UK unlocked phone. Noticed a few problems. Most annoying so far are:

- Android Pay doesn't work (Google can't confirm that device or software is Android compatible)
    - Android Auto doesn't work (Android Auto encountered an error - Communication error 16) EDIT: Android Auto doesn't work when connecting to my car entertainment system

Tried uninstalling Android Auto and reinstalling but still broken.

A few of my apps are also randomly crashing. Re-opening them and trying to do the same action again usually works, so its an intermittent problem.
    11-03-2017 05:32 AM
    Thanks for the tip, but when I tap on the Galaxy Beta Program it doesn't do anything. Maybe because it already started downloading the update and I paused it mid download? I'll let it finish downloading and try that again.

I'm such a dummy. I like new things but should have resisted the temptation to try the beta. Now I might be stuck looking at that install notification for a while. Urrrgh!
    That's weird because I have already installed the beta and I when I look at the Samsung Plus app I have the option to unsubscribe. Although I don't really know if that option was there in the time between enrolling and installing.
    11-03-2017 06:19 AM
    Have a UK unlocked phone. Noticed a few problems. Most annoying so far are:

- Android Pay doesn't work (Google can't confirm that device or software is Android compatible)
    - Android Auto doesn't work (Android Auto encountered an error - Communication error 16) EDIT: Android Auto doesn't work when connecting to my car entertainment system

Tried uninstalling Android Auto and reinstalling but still broken.

A few of my apps are also randomly crashing. Re-opening them and trying to do the same action again usually works, so its an intermittent problem.
    I wiped the cache partition from the recovery menu and it seemed to settle my S8 down a bit. I've only run into a few issues, Solid Explorer not seeing my sd card and Touchwiz acting flakey. Mostly everything seems to be working ok. But definitely not as smooth as it was before I installed the beta.
    11-03-2017 06:22 AM
    I wiped the cache partition from the recovery menu and it seemed to settle my S8 down a bit. I've only run into a few issues, Solid Explorer not seeing my sd card and Touchwiz acting flakey. Mostly everything seems to be working ok.
    I had an issue with my SD card too after the phone rebooted the first time after update. I restarted it after sometime and it did detect my SD card folders but not the images and content. After sometime when I checked again I could see the gallery slowly caching them and I could see them again. Give it sometime to settle.
    11-03-2017 06:26 AM
    I had an issue with my SD card too after the phone rebooted the first time after update. I restarted it after sometime and it did detect my SD card folders but not the images and content. After sometime when I checked again I could see the gallery slowly caching them and I could see them again. Give it sometime to settle.
    When the beta first installed it told me my SD card car currupt and didn't show me any data from it at all. It also tried to format my card and failed. I restarted the phone about an hour later and my pics and everything showed up like nothing ever happened. Pretty happy the Formatting failed or I would have really lost it all.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-03-2017 06:47 AM
    Everything else sees the card just fine. The Samsung File manager and Poweramp both can access the card. At this point it seems the problem is limited to Solid Explorer. I reached out to the dev to see if they had any info. I figure it couldn't hurt. But I don't know if it's a beta problem or a Solid Explorer problem right now.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:15 AM
    When the beta first installed it told me my SD card car currupt and didn't show me any data from it at all. It also tried to format my card and failed. I restarted the phone about an hour later and my pics and everything showed up like nothing ever happened. Pretty happy the Formatting failed or I would have really lost it all.
    Yeah you dodged one there for sure. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    11-03-2017 07:16 AM

I'm in the exact same situation...once the download starts, I don't think there's a way for the phone to unsee that it's there. I just finished downloading it and will let it sit. Maybe when/if there's an updated beta update that addresses many of the issues, I'll give it a go.

Coincidentally, I'm in Cinci too.
    11-03-2017 07:28 AM
    I put my UK O2 sim card in the phone (I'm in Argentina) accepted me into the beta.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-03-2017 08:11 AM
    GIF support in the Samsung keyboard is available in this beta update.
    11-03-2017 08:58 AM
    I opened Samsung+ on my US unlocked S8+ and there is no beta offer and on my T-Mobile Note 8, there is no beta offer to enroll there either.
    The Beta program is currently only for the S8 and S8+. The Note 8 is not part of the test just yet.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-03-2017 09:26 AM
    I'm in the exact same situation...once the download starts, I don't think there's a way for the phone to unsee that it's there. I just finished downloading it and will let it sit. Maybe when/if there's an updated beta update that addresses many of the issues, I'll give it a go.

Coincidentally, I'm in Cinci too.
    So, people in Cincinnati are cautious? Yep!
    11-03-2017 10:15 AM
774 ... 23456 ...