04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I just noticed in Play Store>Settings... My device status says "uncertified". Is this because of the Oreo Beta?
    Never noticed before.

I assume we're testing the compatibility during the beta.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-04-2017 09:57 AM
    Since I appear to be stuck being on beta, my first impressions:

Swifkey wouldn't open so I uninstalled it. The new Samsung keyboard actually appears to be kind of good so I am trying it out.

Android Auto burped and failed when I first plugged in the phone, but seems to be working totally fine on a replug; used Google Assistant voice commands to search for songs and send a text.

Have taken some pictures/video and both seem to be the same.

No problem sending texts using Android Messages.

Notification shade colors the song playing in GPM to match the cover art.
    badcat and mundo472 like this.
    11-04-2017 10:52 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...57b4e08ab9.jpg

I assume we're testing the compatibility during the beta.
    Thanks for the response. Kind of thought that. Play Store doesn't seem to be giving me trouble, but seeing the uncertified label kind of threw me.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-04-2017 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the response. Kind of thought that. Play Store doesn't seem to be giving me trouble, but seeing the uncertified label kind of threw me.
    From previous experience that issue only causes problems with the likes of Android Pay , banks etc.
    11-04-2017 01:42 PM
    Trying to go back to a Nexus setup via Action Launcher and the Google clock widget isn't loading.
    11-04-2017 01:49 PM
    Well I'm not sure what happened but Samsung Plus doesn't show me as enrolled in the beta any more. I went in to look at something and when I tapped Galaxy Beta Program nothing happened. So I tried to restart the phone and it hung while booting. I managed to get it restarted and when I checked Samsung Plus, the entry for Galaxy Beta Program was gone. I ended up doing a hard reset and I'm trying to restore from a Smart Switch backup. Smart Switch has been giving me grief as well. It keeps trying to update to and older version! And then it refuses to run showing an error unless I uninstall it and reinstall it. Sort of regret joining the beta program now. But I knew there could be issues so...

Waiting for Smart Switch to finish reinstalling my apps.
    11-04-2017 05:07 PM
    Well I still don't know what happened but I reset the phone and restored a backup and the phone is flying now. I'm still on Oreo so I guess I'll just see what happens.
    11-04-2017 06:00 PM
    +1 clean install - only way to give a new OS a chance.
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    11-04-2017 06:19 PM
    I found out that the Galaxy Beta program is now in the Samsung Members app.

Yeah the clean install made a world of difference.
    gendo667 and mary beth hale like this.
    11-04-2017 06:28 PM
    Absolutely
    badcat likes this.
    11-04-2017 06:52 PM
    Since I appear to be stuck being on beta, my first impressions:

Swifkey wouldn't open so I uninstalled it. The new Samsung keyboard actually appears to be kind of good so I am trying it out.

Android Auto burped and failed when I first plugged in the phone, but seems to be working totally fine on a replug; used Google Assistant voice commands to search for songs and send a text.

Have taken some pictures/video and both seem to be the same.

No problem sending texts using Android Messages.

Notification shade colors the song playing in GPM to match the cover art.
    SwiftKey issue is based on the theme. If u reinstall it will work fine.
    Have u tried taking video while moving? My issue with video seems to be more with OIS.
    11-04-2017 08:35 PM
    I was going to start clean too but a cache partition wipe did the trick for me. At least reduced the stuttering considerably...hopefully that improves battery life too.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-04-2017 11:04 PM
    FYI, this does NOT work. So I enrolled in beta and the update had downloaded all the way. I got the screen asking to install the update now, at a specific time, or "later". I chose later hoping it would just stay that way indefinitely. I woke up this morning to find the update had installed overnight and the phone rebooted.

I went to the menu in Samsung+ (as described in quote above) and tapped on the Galaxy Beta Program and it still does nothing. There is another person in this message thread saying he rolled back to Nougat (I'm assuming he did a factory reset) and he is still showing as being enrolled in the beta program.

Really Samsung, give as a frakking way to unenroll! Good lord, sometimes I regret having an Android phone.
    I un enrolled and then did a factory reset right after. That worked for me.
    11-05-2017 03:27 AM
    I rolled back to nougat as found a few bugs what we're annoying. however, I've deregistered from the programme now but it's still showing the update coming through in the software update menu. anyone have any ideas how to stop it?
    I did a factory reset right after and that seemed to work for me. I'm not getting the beta software when I check for software updates now.
    11-05-2017 03:29 AM
    This may have already been answered but I don't see it... Did anyone get the October security patch with the Oreo Beta? Mine is on September patch. Just curious.
    11-05-2017 07:43 AM
    This may have already been answered but I don't see it... Did anyone get the October security patch with the Oreo Beta? Mine is on September patch. Just curious.
    Nope. September on mine as well. I'm hoping that we get October's patch in the next beta update.
    11-05-2017 07:46 AM
    Nope. September on mine as well. I'm hoping that we get October's patch in the next beta update.
    Thanks
    badcat likes this.
    11-05-2017 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    I suppose it was just too much to hope for...
    11-05-2017 09:45 AM
    October has sailed, maybe bundle November with the next build.

What needs patching in Oreo would likely be different from 7.0 or from 7.1.1.
    11-05-2017 09:57 AM
    Done on my GS8. Its good but seems to drain battery.(Maybe just me on heavy use). No app problems. Wireless charging is not working. Otherwise I recommend beta testers try it.
    11-05-2017 11:26 AM
    Done on my GS8. Its good but seems to drain battery.(Maybe just me on heavy use). No app problems. Wireless charging is not working. Otherwise I recommend beta testers try it.
    Wireless charging is still working on my GS8.
    11-05-2017 01:06 PM
    My battery life seemed to have taken a hit. Cache partition wipe did solve stuttering issues otherwise. I'll give it another week or so before rolling back/unenrolling
    11-05-2017 01:12 PM
    I also wiped the cache partition. Definitely help with the stuttering transitions. Also, first day off of work with the beta. No dead zone to drain my battery so no need for airplane mode. I've noticed no difference in battery drain in my experience.

I backed up last night with the intention of factory resetting today, but I see no need.
    11-05-2017 01:20 PM
    My battery life seemed to have taken a hit. Cache partition wipe did solve stuttering issues otherwise. I'll give it another week or so before rolling back/unenrolling
    Battery hit as well. Going to see if it settles down.
    11-05-2017 03:57 PM
    The hard reset got my battery back to normal. It also made the phone run much better overall.
    11-05-2017 05:16 PM
774 ... 45678 ...