04-10-2018 05:27 PM
774 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The hard reset got my battery back to normal. It also made the phone run much better overall.
    How's the SOT pre/post hard reset? I know it's only been a few days to judge but my battery consumption has really been bad. I'm charging my S8+ twice now which is not great, especially when I used to have 25-30% remaining at bed time with 5+ hours of SOT.
    11-05-2017 05:35 PM
    I've never gone by SOT because I am definitely not a power user. I could easily go three days on a charge if I had to because of my light usage patterns. On a normal day I probably wouldn't have used 20% of the battery so I just go by what I've seen in the past as far as my battery usage goes.
    11-06-2017 06:05 AM
    Digging through the Members app I was checking out the new features included in the beta. I found new lock screen clocks. But digging through the settings, I can't find the option. Has anyone else found this feature?
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-06-2017 08:35 AM
    Try the Samsung Themes app. There is AOD content in there.
    11-06-2017 09:08 AM
    Try the Samsung Themes app. There is AOD content in there.
    No dice. Also, I'm looking for lock screen clocks. Not AODs. Maybe it'll arrive with the next update. Just weird that it's listed but I can't find the setting.
    11-06-2017 09:35 AM
    Digging through the Members app I was checking out the new features included in the beta. I found new lock screen clocks. But digging through the settings, I can't find the option. Has anyone else found this feature?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24c69b89e5.jpg
    I can't find it either. Googled it and still nothing.
    11-06-2017 09:42 AM
    No dice. Also, I'm looking for lock screen clocks. Not AODs. Maybe it'll arrive with the next update. Just weird that it's listed but I can't find the setting.
    Oh well. Sorry.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:51 AM
    Picture in picture not working. Tried with YouTube which is said to be updated for pip, but no dice.
    I'm still having problems with Swiftkey and Swiftkey Beta (yes, I know it's a beta) not loading my chosen theme, although the app crashing appears to have stopped for now. I reported both issues to to the Swiftkey forum and I believe they're looking into it.
    11-06-2017 10:19 AM
    Picture in picture not working. Tried with YouTube which is said to be updated for pip, but no dice.
    I'm still having problems with Swiftkey and Swiftkey Beta (yes, I know it's a beta) not loading my chosen theme, although the app crashing appears to have stopped for now. I reported both issues to to the Swiftkey forum and I believe they're looking into it.
    With YouTube when you have a video playing, quickly tap the home button twice. With Google maps, you have to be navigating and hit the home button twice for the pip to work.
    11-06-2017 11:48 AM
    Can't find it either.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-06-2017 07:36 PM
    The themes aren't working at all. I have to use the original dark theme to keep it running on my phone. Pip has been working for me pretty well.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:24 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24c69b89e5.jpg
    It hasn't been included in this version of the beta. Hopefully in the next update we get, but who knows, maybe won't be out until the final/official release.
    gendo667 likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:26 PM
    It hasn't been included in this version of the beta. Hopefully in the next update we get, but who knows, maybe won't be out until the final/official release.
    Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. I got super stoked when I saw this earlier today, then quickly let down when I couldn't find it. Here's hoping it's in the next update.

Also, themes work for me, but only so far as changing the color of the notification shade and settings/phone apps. The font for the lock screen clock doesn't change. I'll probably break down and factory reset tomorrow.
    11-06-2017 09:36 PM
    Everyone... Remember to contribute to the Oreo Beta feedback section in Samsung Members app that was added after the beta download. Coming from the Windows Insider program, I think it's important.
    gendo667 and badcat like this.
    11-07-2017 01:36 PM
    Here I've always gone by the rule that beta meant feature complete, else would be Alpha. They should dispense with the "beta" and stick with Pre-release.

Some of the reviews and FAQ sound like a very different implementation. Ended up on goose chase looking for things that doesn't exist.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-07-2017 02:18 PM
    Has anyone tried Substratum on the beta yet? Was using Swift Black and loving it prior to update. Off work tomorrow and going to give it a go since I'll have time to play with it.
    11-07-2017 03:07 PM
    Here I've always gone by the rule that beta meant feature complete, else would be Alpha. They should dispense with the "beta" and stick with Pre-release.

Some of the reviews and FAQ sound like a very different implementation. Ended up on goose chase looking for things that doesn't exist.
    Yeah, read the FAQs in Members app and parts of it sound like a different OS than my phone is running.
    11-07-2017 04:24 PM
    Feel better now that I have my Swift Black Substratum theme back
    11-07-2017 10:39 PM
    So I enabled power saving mode yesterday with 10% reduced screen brightness, 70% throttled processor, AOD/background processing always ON with display scaled to full resolution. I still had 48% battery at bedtime with only 2 hours SoT. I'll keep it on for a few days and see if it improves anything.
    badcat and mary beth hale like this.
    11-08-2017 06:37 AM
    My S8 isn't being recognized as an USB 3.0 device any more. It was prior to the update. I'm plugging it in to a USB C 3.0 port on my laptop.

Edit: Looks like it was a cable problem. I was using a USB-C to USB-C cable but when I swapped it out for a USB-A to C cable with a A to C adapter it was recognized as USB 3.0. Maybe the C to C able wasn't rated for 3.0.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-08-2017 10:18 AM
    Broke down and factory reset last night. I didn't have any problems, just figured I give a fresh install a go. A bit smoother. By and large, no noticeable difference. Though, changing themes still doesn't change the font on the lock screen clock.
    11-08-2017 11:42 AM
    Has anyone tried Substratum on the beta yet? Was using Swift Black and loving it prior to update. Off work tomorrow and going to give it a go since I'll have time to play with it.
    Just saw ur post that u got the dark theme going. When u were picking an android version which one did u pick?
    11-08-2017 12:58 PM
    Just saw ur post that u got the dark theme going. When u were picking an android version which one did u pick?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3464fb6052.jpg
    I picked "other(experimental)" since the Samsung version no longer works with this Oreo Beta. Had to download the Andromeda app and install the desktop client on my laptop to connect the phone and enable Substratum to work. It worked OK but didn't have as many apps available as the Samsung S8 version had. I used Samsung high contrast black theme for the Samsung apps then applied SwiftBlack to Outlook and my Google apps... Calendar, Play store, Google, Maps, etc, and also SwiftKey. Don't see an overlay for my OneDrive app.
    Still can't get the nav bar or notification shade black. May uninstall Samsung theme and do overlays from Substratum for everything.
    Wasn't sure about which OS version to pick.
    May try the 8.0 for pixel tomorrow but so far the overlays I've applied work fine.
    Let me know what you end up doing and if you were successful. And PLEASE, if you know how, tell me how to get rid of the ugly white nav bar and notification shade (quick settings is fine but not the actual notifications) using Substratum :-)
    badcat likes this.
    11-08-2017 08:03 PM
    I picked "other(experimental)" since the Samsung version no longer works with this Oreo Beta. Had to download the Andromeda app and install the desktop client on my laptop to connect the phone and enable Substratum to work. It worked OK but didn't have as many apps available as the Samsung S8 version had. I used Samsung high contrast black theme for the Samsung apps then applied SwiftBlack to Outlook and my Google apps... Calendar, Play store, Google, Maps, etc, and also SwiftKey. Don't see an overlay for my OneDrive app.
    Still can't get the nav bar or notification shade black. May uninstall Samsung theme and do overlays from Substratum for everything.
    Wasn't sure about which OS version to pick.
    May try the 8.0 for pixel tomorrow but so far the overlays I've applied work fine.
    Let me know what you end up doing and if you were successful. And PLEASE, if you know how, tell me how to get rid of the ugly white nav bar and notification shade (quick settings is fine but not the actual notifications) using Substratum :-)
    Before your reply I'd installed it with Other(experimental) and noticed a lot of stuff wasn't covered either. I ended up uninstalling the overlays. I'll just wait until there's Samsung Oreo support. Besides, with the regular updates we'll probably get with beta, I'll probably get annoyed with having to disable and reapply overlays regularly.
    11-08-2017 08:24 PM
    Before your reply I'd installed it with Other(experimental) and noticed a lot of stuff wasn't covered either. I ended up uninstalling the overlays. I'll just wait until there's Samsung Oreo support. Besides, with the regular updates we'll probably get with beta, I'll probably get annoyed with having to disable and reapply overlays regularly.
    LOL... Didn't think about the Beta updates but you're so right. Keeping it enabled for now though. Hopefully they'll get a Samsung Oreo version soon. Maybe a month or so.
    Mr_Spencer and badcat like this.
    11-08-2017 09:00 PM
774 ... 56789 ...