Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
October has sailed, maybe bundle November with the next build.

What needs patching in Oreo would likely be different from 7.0 or from 7.1.1.

Lawrie Sherratt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Done on my GS8. Its good but seems to drain battery.(Maybe just me on heavy use). No app problems. Wireless charging is not working. Otherwise I recommend beta testers try it.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My battery life seemed to have taken a hit. Cache partition wipe did solve stuttering issues otherwise. I'll give it another week or so before rolling back/unenrolling

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I also wiped the cache partition. Definitely help with the stuttering transitions. Also, first day off of work with the beta. No dead zone to drain my battery so no need for airplane mode. I've noticed no difference in battery drain in my experience.

I backed up last night with the intention of factory resetting today, but I see no need.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The hard reset got my battery back to normal. It also made the phone run much better overall.
How's the SOT pre/post hard reset? I know it's only been a few days to judge but my battery consumption has really been bad. I'm charging my S8+ twice now which is not great, especially when I used to have 25-30% remaining at bed time with 5+ hours of SOT.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've never gone by SOT because I am definitely not a power user. I could easily go three days on a charge if I had to because of my light usage patterns. On a normal day I probably wouldn't have used 20% of the battery so I just go by what I've seen in the past as far as my battery usage goes.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Digging through the Members app I was checking out the new features included in the beta. I found new lock screen clocks. But digging through the settings, I can't find the option. Has anyone else found this feature?
6a8834f24ff52f6da2b32c24c69b89e5.jpg

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Picture in picture not working. Tried with YouTube which is said to be updated for pip, but no dice.
I'm still having problems with Swiftkey and Swiftkey Beta (yes, I know it's a beta) not loading my chosen theme, although the app crashing appears to have stopped for now. I reported both issues to to the Swiftkey forum and I believe they're looking into it.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Picture in picture not working. Tried with YouTube which is said to be updated for pip, but no dice.
I'm still having problems with Swiftkey and Swiftkey Beta (yes, I know it's a beta) not loading my chosen theme, although the app crashing appears to have stopped for now. I reported both issues to to the Swiftkey forum and I believe they're looking into it.

With YouTube when you have a video playing, quickly tap the home button twice. With Google maps, you have to be navigating and hit the home button twice for the pip to work.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The themes aren't working at all. I have to use the original dark theme to keep it running on my phone. Pip has been working for me pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12