Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this has anything to do with the beta, I would think Samsung would post a notice before sending it out. From what I've read it seems most of the people who got it were t-mobile customers. Maybe its just some sort of carrier update/bug fix.
I'm assuming it has something to do with why ZQK6 was halted.
414d29cee8fab66526c71cfd590a8b64.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this has anything to do with the beta, I would think Samsung would post a notice before sending it out. From what I've read it seems most of the people who got it were t-mobile customers. Maybe its just some sort of carrier update/bug fix.

Nope. Mine is unlocked and the notice was in the Members app

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine stopped about 10 seconds into the update process and went back to the home screen. When I check again it says I'm up to date on XQK6. Weird. I'll try again in a few minutes.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped about 10 seconds into the update process and went back to the home screen. When I check again it says I'm up to date on XQK6. Weird. I'll try again in a few minutes.
I got the notice too but when I try to update, it shows as up-to-date. I'm guessing this fix might only work for folks who restore to Nougat and download the beta again. At this point it kinda feels this can be skipped unless one is really having serious issues as you did.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the notice too but when I try to update, it shows as up-to-date. I'm guessing this fix might only work for folks who restore to Nougat and download the beta again. At this point it kinda feels this can be skipped unless one is really having serious issues as you did.

Mine still said up to date on XQK6 this morning before work, despite having a notification from Members app to update. I rolled back to 7.0 on Monday and yesterday evening ZQK6 downloaded. Guess that's it for now on mine.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine still said up to date on XQK6 this morning before work, despite having a notification from Members app to update. I rolled back to 7.0 on Monday and yesterday evening ZQK6 downloaded. Guess that's it for now on mine.
I guess as long as you're up and running, you should be good. The third beta will be out eventually anyway.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Never did get the ZQK8 fix but the "clear data" in storage on phone apps and sim toolkit worked for me.
Good for now and looking forward to next update.
My battery also settled down and the phone is running smoothly.
Hope your SD card issues get addressed soon.
My battery life is still worse than it was on Nougat. Not truly awful, but definitely worse.

The SD card bugaboo is the only real issue I have. Solid Explorer is still useless and Poweramp needs to be pointed at the music library after every reboot. Still get the SD card notification on every reboot as well. It's almost like the mount point is changing every reboot.

It could be worse though and I knew what I was signing up for. 😁 Hopefully the updates will continue to flow and keep improving things.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has settled down a bit too, not comparable to Nougat but slightly worse. I've also noticed some apps keep running in the background frequently (or at least now there's a notification that tells it's still running in the background) even after they are closed the traditional way. Those apps also seem to crash more often (I'm looking at BlackBerry for Work and it's suite) . Regardless, the phone does feel fast overall but there are some hiccups from time to time, the frequency is obviously more than what I experienced on Nougat.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has settled down a bit too, not comparable to Nougat but slightly worse. I've also noticed some apps keep running in the background frequently (or at least now there's a notification that tells it's still running in the background) even after they are closed the traditional way. Those apps also seem to crash more often (I'm looking at BlackBerry for Work and it's suite) . Regardless, the phone does feel fast overall but there are some hiccups from time to time, the frequency is obviously more than what I experienced on Nougat.

My phone feels faster too. For the most part it runs well. I've had a few weird things happen but overall, not too bad.