Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
FP and Iris for me were iffy and the noted system slowness to respond after using each.

At this rate, I actually hope they push the beta down the road at least two more months - up close to S9 release. S9 will need Oreo and that means all the changes under the hood to make Project Treble work.

( I type S9, it gets changed to SO, and I correct it, try to teach Gboard to learn a new word, and when I look back it's changed again. Can't teach this dog a trick at all!?)

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
On a side note, The US unlocked variant received the November security patch today...at least we all got some sort of update goodies.

The Tmo beta build also received the November patch. My wife's S8 (not in the beta) is still on the October patch.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep disabling iris scanning had fixed my camera blacking issues.

It's good to know that Samsung is ironing out issues quickly. Hopefully we'll see some new features soon. Some sort of software emulated portrait mode and Project Treble integration is what I'm really hoping Samsung would implement.

On a side note, The US unlocked variant received the November security patch today...at least we all got some sort of update goodies.

So you jumped back on board Beta. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing.
I too would love to see portrait mode and enabling Treble.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Na. Pretty sure it's me. I'll have a better feel on Friday after a day at work. I know where I'm supposed to be after 8 hours on the clock, regarding battery.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So you jumped back on board Beta. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing.
I too would love to see portrait mode and enabling Treble.
Nope still don't have the guts (or patience) to sign up for the beta. Actually I did try one but I can't find the enrollment option in the Samsung+ app. I guess they closed it or all the seats got taken.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Nope still don't have the guts (or patience) to sign up for the beta. Actually I did try one but I can't find the enrollment option in the Samsung+ app. I guess they closed it or all the seats got taken.

My mistake. Thought you were in it then temporarily rolled back to 7.0

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
4 hours SOT. 37%. Pretty good.
44931271587823ecea4da9b763632b2c.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few of the Samsung apps crash. The Gallery app crashed while trying to open a image from the Samsung email app. The Galaxy app crashed when I turned on my phone this morning before it had even finished bootting. Weird. Both apps appear to function normally afterwards though.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Been lucky this time around. Had one crash each of Samsung keyboard (hit the Messages emoji instead of my SwiftKey emoji) while trying to text and Members app right after I updated. Wiped cache and rebooted after both crashes and nothing since.
One thing bothers me. I connected with Smart Switch yesterday to do a backup. Previously it would show an update available... That being the 7.0 download. Yesterday it only told me the phone was up-to-date.
Hoping they just need to update Smart Switch. Not having the option to rollback makes me a bit anxious.
Otherwise the phone has no glaring issues at this time.

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I saw that too, and comments on Sammy Com. msg board.

If Samsung alters the way it boots, and makes changes that push it along to what Oreo has to be ready for for the 845 S9 (project Treble), Smart Restore probably isn't ready - or the right tool.

But a system wipe can cure many of the ails a phone. I HAD to after Settings app constantly closing and crashing on its own didn't stop with b3. And only began the day before as I installed but didn't get use most major SMS texting apps. And Mobile ESET. And few others. No idea what monkey wrench got in but clearing cache files and partition didn't cure it's ills.

In this dance of Oreo until forever or the game is over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara