Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Google Pay just updated on my phone but does not work because it thinks my phone is rooted. Is the oreo beta the cause of this? My phone is not rooted

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Google Pay just updated on my phone but does not work because it thinks my phone is rooted. Is the oreo beta the cause of this? My phone is not rooted

Yes the Oreo Beta is the cause. I don't think Android Pay ever worked on the Beta. Could be wrong since I use Samsung Pay, but I thought I read posts in the Members App during the entire Beta that Android Pay wouldn't work.
Did it ever work for you on the Beta?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes the Oreo Beta is the cause. I don't think Android Pay ever worked on the Beta. Could be wrong since I use Samsung Pay, but I thought I read posts in the Members App during the entire Beta that Android Pay wouldn't work.
Did it ever work for you on the Beta?

Like you, I use Samsung Pay lol. I was curious about Google Pay. Samsung Pay works everywhere so no big loss there.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Like you, I use Samsung Pay lol. I was curious about Google Pay. Samsung Pay works everywhere so no big loss there.

Yeah, I've got nothing against Android (Google) Pay. It's just that only a small percentage of retailers support NFC payments where I live. I think it's different in Europe, where most retailers have made the transition from MST to NFC.
Like you, I find SP works just about anywhere so I'm happy.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
How's everyone's video recording working? I tried to record a video today and it was unusable. Lot's of stuttering even on 4k/1080 30fps/60fps. I'm on the last Oreo beta update on an unlocked Snapdragon variant. A restart didn't solve the issue. I also tried switching from internal storage to my U3 Samsung microsd card, same results.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
How's everyone's video recording working? I tried to record a video today and it was unusable. Lot's of stuttering even on 4k/1080 30fps/60fps. I'm on the last Oreo beta update on an unlocked Snapdragon variant. A restart didn't solve the issue. I also tried switching from internal storage to my U3 Samsung microsd card, same results.
Sorry. That really sucks. No issues here.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

Sorry. That really sucks. No issues here.
Yeah it sure does. Even wiping cache didn't help. I'm just waiting for Samsung to push the final build before I download + hard reset.

I'm just hoping Samsung won't hold the update until the S9 starts shipping mid March

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I've gone to the 8 Plus for the larger screen but when I had my S8 on the beta, I did notice some stuttering in video. Wasn't as bad as yours sounds though. As previously said, that sucks.
I too am hoping for the final Oreo release sooner than later.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
No issues and I did 5 separate songs/videos for my son's elementary school chorus concert and no stuttering. Used default settings on all videos.

My S8+ is on the latest Oreo Beta build/T-Mobile version

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
No issues and I did 5 separate songs/videos for my son's elementary school chorus concert and no stuttering. Used default settings on all videos.

My S8+ is on the latest Oreo Beta build/T-Mobile version
Actually the final version for the T-Mobile variant has leaked through Samsung firmware. I'm holding flashing it since I'm on unlocked. I might actually flash back to stock because I have a vacation coming soon and I need the video recording to be functional. Come on Samsung...bring on the updates!!!

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually the final version for the T-Mobile variant has leaked through Samsung firmware. I'm holding flashing it since I'm on unlocked. I might actually flash back to stock because I have a vacation coming soon and I need the video recording to be functional. Come on Samsung...bring on the updates!!!

How do I get this is the beta

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

How do I get this is the beta
You'll have to check xda for that. It's a lot of jumping through hoops to get the latest CRA build. I would rather wait than rely on a so called unstable build.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

You'll have to check xda for that. It's a lot of jumping through hoops to get the latest CRA build. I would rather wait than rely on a so called unstable build.

Agree. Even though I currently have an S8+ non beta, previously had the S8 on Oreo Beta. The improvements are not ground breaking enough to flash. Wait for the official release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08