Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually the final version for the T-Mobile variant has leaked through Samsung firmware. I'm holding flashing it since I'm on unlocked. I might actually flash back to stock because I have a vacation coming soon and I need the video recording to be functional. Come on Samsung...bring on the updates!!!

Have a great vacation!

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Have a great vacation!
Thanks!

I finally flashed back to Nougat. Having used both the Oreo beta and Nougat now, I'm literally seeing no reason to wait for the final Oreo release. Nougat is smooth and bug free and battery life is back to decent (I'm a heavy user) and best of all, my video recording works without issues. The only thing I've noticed is the workaround to enable VoLTE on Sprint on the unlocked models doesn't work anymore but I can live with it until the stable version releases.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I enjoyed being part of the Oreo Beta program on my S8. Since getting the S8+, non-beta, the only things I miss are unlocking with OK Google from AOD/screen off, not having to tap "ok" when entering pin code, and long press icons for more actions. Battery on this S8+ is fantastic but I suspect I would be seeing a hit if still on Oreo beta. Anyway, despite looking forward to official Oreo, 7.0 is working fine for now. Still on December security patch, though. :-(
Having said this... Come on Samsung, release it to my US unlocked!

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed being part of the Oreo Beta program on my S8. Since getting the S8+, non-beta, the only things I miss are unlocking with OK Google from AOD/screen off, not having to tap "ok" when entering pin code, and long press icons for more actions. Battery on this S8+ is fantastic but I suspect I would be seeing a hit if still on Oreo beta. Anyway, despite looking forward to official Oreo, 7.0 is working fine for now. Still on December security patch, though. :-(
Having said this... Come on Samsung, release it to my US unlocked!

Since I'm in the same boat as you (unlocked S8+ on Nougat) I have agree with everything you wrote. I find I'm not actually missing much at all. Battery life is crazy good and the phone just works really well. I find I want the security updates more than I want the OS update. I hope Samsung gets back to issuing timely updates again once they get Oreo rolled out.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Since I'm in the same boat as you (unlocked S8+ on Nougat) I have agree with everything you wrote. I find I'm not actually missing much at all. Battery life is crazy good and the phone just works really well. I find I want the security updates more than I want the OS update. I hope Samsung gets back to issuing timely updates again once they get Oreo rolled out.

The security updates have certainly stalled. Hopefully after the S9/S9+ hoopla, we will be up to date. Like you, I want the Oreo update, but think this is not a priority with Samsung during the S9/+ release. It's sad I'm on December patch, though. BTW... Not an ounce of regret in getting the S8+. Love it.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The security updates have certainly stalled. Hopefully after the S9/S9+ hoopla, we will be up to date. Like you, I want the Oreo update, but think this is not a priority with Samsung during the S9/+ release. It's sad I'm on December patch, though. BTW... Not an ounce of regret in getting the S8+. Love it.
Yeah I am very happy with mine as well. No regrets here either.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
And Verizon wasn't even in the beta program. I'm not all up in arms like some of the kids in the Members Forum. Just kinda surprised. Thankfully beta 7 is pretty rock solid for me.
Yeah coventional wisdom would have seen T-Mo and unlocked beta members first in line. At least it's finally rolling out.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 - Unlocked (UK) Sprint & T-Mobile (US) only.

TMobile has pushed the Oreo update to the masses! Or the beta group. Either way, yeah!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac