Stop Me

xkingxkev

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
So I have a s8 Plus and I really like the phone except for one crucial issue. I have trouble texting large group texts. I haven't had that issue with other Android phones and not my iPhone. Its so bad at this point I'm close to buying an iPhone8 even though I'm not an Apple fan. Any suggestions? Iv'e used Verizon Messages, Android Message, Textra, and GoSMS

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have a s8 Plus and I really like the phone except for one crucial issue. I have trouble texting large group texts. I haven't had that issue with other Android phones and not my iPhone. Its so bad at this point I'm close to buying an iPhone8 even though I'm not an Apple fan. Any suggestions? Iv'e used Verizon Messages, Android Message, Textra, and GoSMS
I'll say this much I use the texting app Textra I have no issues texting groups of people. Try that.

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Some carriers impose limits. Like AT&T limits group texts to 10 numbers. Supposedly done to protect against sms spam.

You may not have noticed on an iPhone because iMessage is a messaging app that functions over data like whatsapp or signal to bbm.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Some carriers impose limits. Like AT&T limits group texts to 10 numbers. Supposedly done to protect against sms spam.

You may not have noticed on an iPhone because iMessage is a messaging app that functions over data like whatsapp or signal to bbm.
It's a very good point. Like I said, try Google allo what's an ime have obviously in it might work better.

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I think allo would work for more than 10 if they were mostly using allo. But if everyone is using iPhone then allo reverts to sms. And then Subject to carrier sms limits.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think allo would work for more than 10 if they were mostly using allo. But if everyone is using iPhone then allo reverts to sms. And then Subject to carrier sms limits.
Well on the people that are using iPhones then, ask them to just download allo as well then everyone will be on the same page.

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Well on the people that are using iPhones then, ask them to just download allo as well then everyone will be on the same page.

Ha ha. In that case any messaging app wil do. Allo has no advantage that way. Whatsapp. Groupme. Signal. BBM. Line. Many many many.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
8 others so 9 total, and I refuse to force someone to download an app to chat lol. Thanks for the suggestions though
Well I certainly try that's for sure. You are right though there are like 10 apps for instant messaging in the Play Store. Yeah there's some people in my life that won't switch messaging apps just so I can use a low so I just want and up sending regular SMS messages to them but I know how you feel. I wish you the best of luck.

Indecisi0n

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Listen I group text and send hundreds of text messages a day. I love the s8 but when it comes to texting it sucks. I have delays messages going out (have to restart phone to send) and delayed messages coming in (says messages are downloading in a separate text and don't always download). I am not sure if it's a network issue or software since Verizon puts all their crap software on the phone. If it didn't have these text issues it would probably be the best phone I ever owned.

I came from an iPhone and I've never had these issues. iPhone with their iMessages are sent via datat for their messages which I believe makes them much for reliable.

jre72

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
@Indecisi0n
I just switched from iPhone to an unlocked S8+ (using Verizon) and have not had texting issues that I've noticed. Note, my largest group text was 5 ppl. (Using Textra)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I use Verizon Messages+ and from what I heard, you don't have to be a Verizon customer to use it. There is even a Windows app so you can send and receive texts on your Windows desktop and laptop. The Android app works on both LTE and non-LTE (WiFi only) devices. I use it on my HP desktop, SP3, Tab S2, and S8+.

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes dont use SMS. Use whatsapp or fb messenger

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
If you came from an iPhone and didn't turn off imessage before switching to android there in lies your problem. Call apple and have them remove your number from their server. Problem solved. Imessage has to be turned off on all your apple devices. Once you do this you won't have any trouble getting messages or group messages. I'm the future always turn off imessage before switching to android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol