S8 Plus Heating up After Oreo Install

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I installed the Oreo Beta update from the Samsung Members app and my phone has been running hot ever since. I have also been experiencing pretty bad battery drain , lagging, and slow charging times. I'm debating whether or not to reset my phone or stick with the beta until they work out the kinks. I realize that beta testing sometimes comes with a lot of bug and issues but I still need a smooth working phone. I read somewhere that the non-beta Oreo update will be out next month, so I may try again at that time. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

theswede

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
During the install yes my phone did heat up,on the 6th day of the new install and no heat issues. Have had a couple of issues with existing applications but other than that all is just fine. Charging time has not changed on my phone, S8 edge.

DCTR Zoom

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
I'd recommend you roll back to Nougat, as Oreo Beta is not working as intended on your device for some reason. There's definitely something wrong there.

I'm not sure anyone posted around the forums that they have the same issue, but thus far you are the only person I know they do.

I have Oreo installed and my phone never heats up, it gets unresponsive every now and then but nothing serious, charging times are as fast as ever but the battery did get affected negatively, although not drastically.

Would I be on your place, I'd roll back to prevent any possible damage to the hardware.

Naomi Housknecht

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I just got the update on my Note 8 today and it's been heating up, lagging, especially when using the camera, and battery draining like no other. Camera is locking up also when I'm video recording and zooming. So it's sounding like whatever issues there were are still present regardless of whether they impact everyone or not.

Additionally, when I look at what's using my battery, I don't see anything different from before the update nor anything that's substantially using battery in terms of percentages.

I'd recommend you roll back to Nougat, as Oreo Beta is not working as intended on your device for some reason. There's definitely something wrong there.

I'm not sure anyone posted around the forums that they have the same issue, but thus far you are the only person I know they do.

I have Oreo installed and my phone never heats up, it gets unresponsive every now and then but nothing serious, charging times are as fast as ever but the battery did get affected negatively, although not drastically.

Would I be on your place, I'd roll back to prevent any possible damage to the hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10