Does anyone have suggestions on the best keyboards for typing? I like the features of gboard but there is too much lag when typing.

Samsung keyboard is better but still not quite right. Fleksy and SwiftKey not good either.

Is there anything which comes close to apple style keyboard input?
    11-04-2017 06:02 PM
    Now this is the first time I've heard of lag on gboard. Hmm. That and Swiftkey are considered the best. I guess it's muscle memory for you regarding Apple style keyboard.

Try Swype and Touchpal. Those are trusted. Swype is about as old as commercial Android as an app, first appearing on touch screen Nokias in 2007, and Touchpal is the developer of the stock HTC keyboard. There's also Excel keyboard by Microsoft if you don't mind them.
    Ecm and Mr_Spencer like this.
    11-04-2017 06:18 PM
    I too am surprised to hear that you've experienced lag with Gboard. I use Gboard on my company issued iPhone. (I've Google-ized it as much as possible.) I find it easier to use than the stock keyboard.

You may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling Gboard -- perhaps you had a quirky download?

If you want to try something a little different and don't require an always-on number rows such as Gboard offers, you might consider trying out the BlackBerry keyboard. It has fewer customization options than some keyboards, but it has something that no others do (that I'm aware of). A long press on any letter capitalizes it. This is surprisingly convenient.

It's not available in G-Play for non-BlackBerry Android devices. Here's where to get it: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/
    11-04-2017 08:22 PM
    I've always used gboard and have never experienced lag on my LG g2 Moto x style exynos s7 or my current Snapdragon s8 ...... don't know how you could face such a problem..... maybe u have too many apps in your phone or try clearing your cache or uninstall gboard and install it again....I don't know if any other keyboard that's better than gboard
    11-04-2017 10:15 PM
    I don't have an issue either. however the blackberry keyboard is excellent but part of the hub+ suite if you want to go that route. if I end up going to BB then of course that will be the keyboard I use.
    11-04-2017 10:23 PM