11-28-2017 11:30 PM
70 123
tools
    I cannot answer a call coming in. Whole screen freezes.

And there are some camera opening issues as well.

Hoping for another fix soon.
    For the call freezing, this is what I had to do:

https://m.community.samsungmembers.c...ectId=40&meta=

Wiping cache for Phone app from the Settings >> Apps menu also helped. Now I don't have any freezes while receiving calls.
    badcat likes this.
    11-17-2017 07:09 PM

Wiping cache for Phone app from the Settings >> Apps menu also helped. Now I don't have any freezes while receiving calls.
    Thanks! Will set give it a shot.
    badcat likes this.
    11-17-2017 07:54 PM
    My phone was freezing quite frequently while using the Amazon app. I had to reset my device (was almost on the verge of opting out of beta) and restore all of my apps and settings and unfortunately,
    even after the reset, the Amazon app still freezes. Does anyone of you have a similar issue?
    11-19-2017 04:38 PM

Had to laugh... Clicked the link you posted. It was your post in the Members app that I also replied to. Didn't look at the name of the poster at the time. Small world. BTW, your method worked for me so thanks.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-19-2017 06:39 PM
    Had to laugh... Clicked the link you posted. It was your post in the Members app that I also replied to. Didn't look at the name of the poster at the time. Small world. BTW, your method worked for me so thanks.
    True that 👍
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-19-2017 06:40 PM
    Notification from Members app got me excited. Found out it's just an update to the app itself.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-21-2017 06:52 PM
    Switching to my backup phone until beta 3 comes out. Just can't use it with beta 2 - incoming calls won't stop ringing the phone, camera doesn't work, battery is shot by mid-day. Have reported all this to Samsung, now hoping it's addressed in the next build. But can't really use the phone right now...
    11-21-2017 08:18 PM
    Switching to my backup phone until beta 3 comes out. Just can't use it with beta 2 - incoming calls won't stop ringing the phone, camera doesn't work, battery is shot by mid-day. Have reported all this to Samsung, now hoping it's addressed in the next build. But can't really use the phone right now...
    So sorry that's happening for you. I've been lucky. Just minor problems. Hoping that since they updated the Members app, the Beta 3 update will be coming soon.
    11-21-2017 09:30 PM
    So sorry that's happening for you. I've been lucky. Just minor problems. Hoping that since they updated the Members app, the Beta 3 update will be coming soon.
    Thanks! Yeah I hope to be back at it very soon. Aside from these issues which I'm sure will get fixed, the beta is very good. Generally smooth and fast, nice feature set.
    11-21-2017 11:46 PM
    I did full factory reset and been very careful and ginger as to what I install or customization. Running better at least.

Was tempted to buy an S8 in meantime as backup or as test phone.
    tube517 likes this.
    11-22-2017 04:59 AM
    I was very close to reverting back to stock, in fact I have the stock Firmware downloaded but then I decided to factory reset and start fresh. So far it has been less buggy. Calls did freeze a couple of times but it's mostly good so far. I might revert back if the calls start freezing frequently because that's a show stopper for me.
    11-22-2017 08:47 AM
    Some issues w/Beta 2:

Phone app froze (Cleared cache and force stopped)
    Allo froze and could not respond to my wife (Cleared cache, force stop, and rebooted phone)
    Lots of lagging and phone freezing.
    Battery drain.

I'll be on T-giving break at 5 pm so I'll have a lot of time tonight to possibly factory reset.
    11-22-2017 09:48 AM
    Other than the battery life taking a hit my beta experience want too bad... But have reverted back to nougat as the battery was becoming an issue. It's definitely more of a refinement than a transformation in terms of OS design.
    badcat likes this.
    11-22-2017 09:52 AM
    I got tired of the battery drain and calls stuck on vibrating so reverted back to stock last night. Now looks like Samsung is rolling out Beta 3 today but the bug fixes don't specify anything about calls stuck on vibrating being fixed. Did anyone get the third beta?
    badcat likes this.
    11-23-2017 06:24 AM
    I got tired of the battery drain and calls stuck on vibrating so reverted back to stock last night. Now looks like Samsung is rolling out Beta 3 today but the bug fixes don't specify anything about calls stuck on vibrating being fixed. Did anyone get the third beta?
    UK today. Thinking Monday for US but who knows.
    Initially had better battery after hard reset on beta 2, but has since deteriorated, with Android System being a giant battery hog.
    If I reboot for any reason, phone will show "no sim" icon and I can't get sms/mms/data to work until I make a call... Usually just call my voice mail.
    Guess we'll see what happens with 3.
    Sorry you had to roll back. What a pain.
    badcat likes this.
    11-23-2017 10:48 AM
    The one app that is freezing for me is the Allo app
    11-24-2017 09:09 AM
    Just got notice for Beta 3.
    11-28-2017 07:59 PM
    So far so good.
    tube517 likes this.
    11-28-2017 10:16 PM
    Just installed beta 3. Hope it fixes alot
    11-28-2017 10:22 PM
    Maybe a placebo effect but phone seems very fast and smooth.
    One problem I had on 2 was that if I rebooted phone, would get a "no sim" icon and no network connection until I made a call. (just called my VM). That is fixed.
    My only other issue was mediocre battery so it remains to be seen if that will improve until I use it for a day or so.
    Had 1 problem when right after downloading, tried opening Members app and phone froze with black screen. Reboot fixed it. Opened it several times after that without a problem.
    11-28-2017 11:30 PM
70 123